v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Unconsciousness text

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Unconsciousness text

Post by Mad P »

The text appearing on the screen when you fall unconscious suggests there should be some actor conditions taking effect:

"You fall unconscious, but fortunately wake up alive, dazed and fatigued. You lost X experience."

There is no such thing. No actor condition icons showing, and also no mention in the Overview tab.
(Easiest way would be to adjust the text. But it would be cooler to actually wake up dazed and fatigued!)
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: Unconsciousness text

Post by PK17 »

+1 to adding the actor condition. Because of the fact you can die at any level the condition needs to be influenced by the level of the player.

Daze: Lowers attack, block chance, and damage resistance

Fatigue: lowers max hp, attack damage, and raises flee/move action points cost

Failure Mastery can also help negate these effects

The conditions need to last long enough that you should have to take it slow for a minute or two, or just have to wait it out entirely.

After all you were fortunate to survive, so obviously you are still very weak.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I don't see the point of introducing the actor condition when the hero can simply go back to bed and the actor condition is worn off
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Mad P wrote:The text appearing on the screen when you fall unconscious suggests there should be some actor conditions taking effect:

"You fall unconscious, but fortunately wake up alive, dazed and fatigued. You lost X experience."

There is no such thing. No actor condition icons showing, and also no mention in the Overview tab.
(Easiest way would be to adjust the text. But it would be cooler to actually wake up dazed and fatigued!)
That text was written before those actor conditions were added to the game, so they weren't meant to refer to them, just the general feeling of being dazed and fatigued.

Maybe it could be reworded to "bruised and exhausted" so there's no mix-up with the in game conditions?
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by only1doug »

I must admit that the first time my character woke up after unconsciousness I was suprised that he was at full health, how about they wake up at 1/2 health and dazed and confused (conditions), yes they can easily cure all of that by speeling again, but it links better with other fantasy style games to not come back at full health.

The bed is right there so there is no inconvenience, they can easily rest again if they want to.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Perhaps there could be limits to how much sleep heals you, whether or not you reach zero HP. Then you'd need to eat something (or potion up) to heal fully. That could work with the new slow food healing to make the healing more realistic.

This would hamper the grind/sleep speed cycle that some people depend on, but it wouldn't bother me, because it wouldn't hamper actually playing the game.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Tomcat wrote:Perhaps there could be limits to how much sleep heals you, whether or not you reach zero HP.
No way!
This idea about changing how the hero is effected upon death is in my opinion quite silly. The hero awakens in his bed. Enough said. The well spent time in bed has rested the hero to full health. I see nothing wrong with this.

I am not discouraging ideas; just this one. :)
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

tek wrote:
Tomcat wrote:Perhaps there could be limits to how much sleep heals you, whether or not you reach zero HP.
No way!
This idea about changing how the hero is effected upon death is in my opinion quite silly. The hero awakens in his bed. Enough said. The well spent time in bed has rested the hero to full health. I see nothing wrong with this.

I am not discouraging ideas; just this one. :)
+1

Its already bad enough you lose XP, and can sometimes get stuck in a location because you rested in a bed. The least you can get in return is healing back to full health.

I think the game would be too unfriendly to new players if you can suddenly get taken out with a critical hit or nasty condition (people who don't visit the forums may not expect something like that), and then in addition to losing valuable XP that you grinded for, you wake up in a bed you rested in a while back not even at full health and have to start out again.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by only1doug »

Mino wrote: you wake up in a bed you rested in a while back not even at full health and have to start out again.
its not a major hassle to step out of the bed and back in to completely recover though.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

only1doug wrote:
Mino wrote: you wake up in a bed you rested in a while back not even at full health and have to start out again.
its not a major hassle to step out of the bed and back in to completely recover though.
Yeah, but that seems kind of pointless, as Tek had pointed out. I think it would be easier for the devs and better for the players to just reword the text.

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18