v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Relatively New to the Game with a few Questions

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
randerthall
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Relatively New to the Game with a few Questions

Post by randerthall »

Third post for me here :D I've been playing this game for a couple of weeks now and I love it :lol: Started with all the quests at the bottom and grinded from lvl 18 to 30 in Gargoyle cave to try for a Rols (to no avail :shock: ). After hitting lvl 30 went up to Crossrorad and Loneford. After finishing the missions there, grabbed the Dagger of the Shadow Priests and headed to Remgard to get new gear. Hate the spiders. Took around 60 bonemead to get passed them. Sided with the locals, killed the witch and got the crit gear I needed. Leveled up to 35 on the giant bridge (exp is awesome and since I play crit/gambit, its like exp on tap for me :mrgreen: ). Crossed back to the main map. Hate the spiders but accidentally got my first Oegyth Crystal. Traveled next to the dried up lake and finished the quests there. Now I'm off to Blackwater Mountain 8-) 8-)

Now my questions:
-I tried looking around the threads but no one has asked so far, whats the Shadow Blessing reward that you get if you destroy the Dark Protector ? Is it just only exp? I actually kept the helmet but I want to know what I missed :twisted:
-Is getting Better Criticals and boosting it to 3 a good idea? I think I want Internal Bleeding :o I plan on boosting MC until I can get 40% ECC on my main gear.
-Want to ask if my build is ok for a gambit. Here is my gear and stats:

LEVEL 38
TOTAL EXP: 998237
AP: 12/12
MOVE COST: 5
AC:199%
AD: 24-25
CRIT HIT SKILL: 88
CRIT MULTIPLIER: 3
ECC:36%
BC: 38

HP: 88

MAIN GEAR:
-Woodcutter's Feather Hat
-Villain's Leather Armor
-JOF
-Strong Wooden Tower Shield
-Polished Ring of Backstabbing (2)
-Troublemaker's Gloves
-Bar Brawler's Boots
-Dagger of the Shadow Priest

*Depending on the map and enemies encountered, I switch to the following gear if needed:
-BSS
-Enchanted Remgard Gloves
-Remgard Boots
-Enhanced Combat Helmet

SKILLS:
- MF (1)
- MC (4)
- INC. FORTITUDE (1)
- COMBAT SPEED (2)

So what do you guys think of my build so far? Thanks in advance chums 8-)
Level 108*
HP:169 AC:348% AD:63-78 CHS:-24 DR:1 BC:208%
WA2 HH2 DO2 MC6 CS2 IF1 MF2 1HSPro1 L.ArmPro3 FS:DW2 S:DW1 CL2 EV3

UPDATED: 02/01/2014

*Blackwater Gear with ROL, 2 ROLS, E. Combat Boots & Gloves
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Relatively New to the Game with a few Questions

Post by Antison »

you build looks great so far and here's your answer to the dark blessing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
randerthall

Post by randerthall »

tek wrote:you build looks great so far and here's your answer to the dark blessing...
Ah... It's a 5% reduction on all status effects. Not bad, but I think keeping the strongest helm in the game so far is a better bet for me :twisted: Is boosting BC to 3 to get a 5.25 multiplier for crits ok? Was thinking if boosting it to 6 to get a 9.18 multiplier for crits is overkill :idea:

Thanks Tek!
Level 108*

Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

randerthall wrote:
tek wrote:you build looks great so far and here's your answer to the dark blessing...
Ah... It's a 5% reduction on all status effects. Not bad, but I think keeping the strongest helm in the game so far is a better bet for me :twisted: Is boosting BC to 3 to get a 5.25 multiplier for crits ok? Was thinking if boosting it to 6 to get a 9.18 multiplier for crits is overkill :idea:

Thanks Tek!
IMO more crit is far better than better crit... and yes i suggest some cleave and evasion too ;)

good hunting
Last edited by Sarumar on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:
randerthall wrote:

Thanks Tek!
IMO more crit is far better than better crit... and yes i suggeat some cleave and evasion too ;)

good hunting
I agree on the More Crits being better than Better Crits (you will get more damage over time dealing more Crit hits than having a higher multiplier). Once you get your Critical % up high enough then start thinking about bringing up the multiplier a bit, but by then i am sure you will have another skill you will find more useful.

I also agree on getting evasion (VERY helpful)

but alas, have to agree to disagree on cleave. :lol:

Happy hunting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote: I agree on the More Crits being better than Better Crits (you will get more damage over time dealing more Crit hits than having a higher multiplier). Once you get your Critical % up high enough then start thinking about bringing up the multiplier a bit, but by then i am sure you will have another skill you will find more useful.

Happy hunting!
ahh yes... there lots of opinion about cleave :-) just try it and make another more :-)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
randerthall

Post by randerthall »

Sarumar wrote:
randerthall wrote:

Thanks Tek!
IMO more crit is far better than better crit... and yes i suggeat some cleave and evasion too ;)

good hunting
MC than BC because of crit immune monsters. Makes sense :mrgreen: Cleave only works for 2 or more opponents right? Hmmm..... Useful when you get blocked by 2 monsters. Evasion? Isn't dodge better?

Thanks Sarumar!
Level 108*

randerthall

Post by randerthall »

Pyrizzle wrote:
I agree on the More Crits being better than Better Crits (you will get more damage over time dealing more Crit hits than having a higher multiplier). Once you get your Critical % up high enough then start thinking about bringing up the multiplier a bit, but by then i am sure you will have another skill you will find more useful.

Happy hunting!
Thanks for the tips Pyrizzle!
Level 108*

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Evasion can increase your chance of getting the first attack when coming into contact with a monster. Even though its name seems to imply something more, Dodge just increases your BC, but sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

My recommendation is to use at least half your level ups to increase AD, that way, the amount being multiplied will increase and you'll have a stronger base AD to use against critical immune creatures (most of whom don't have that high HP compared to the tougher ones that aren't immune to critical hits).

For the Dark Protector, did you complete the quest
and return complete the ritual to return the helmet to its former glory? I didn't realize there was more to the quest after deciding to keep the "mysterious helmet" until I accidentally stepped up to the shrine.
Personally, I agree that the helmet is better than the skill, but if you were going to use the condition resistance skills then I would probably get the Shadow Blessing skill to get the most resistance to being inflicted with any conditions.

As you've sided with Remgard, you should consider buying their shield, I think it gives you better stats than the wooden tower shield. And you can also see if you have any items that can be upgraded (they might have to be unequipped to get upgraded).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

well said!

8-)
Mino wrote:Evasion can increase your chance of getting the first attack when coming into contact with a monster. Even though its name seems to imply something more, Dodge just increases your BC, but sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
slightly off topic, but...
should we rename Evasion?

it seems kinda silly that we haven't paid much attention to this...

as the understanding of the skill grows,
the more we see that the name is misleading.

Oskar said it himself, sometimes he needs our help with the language barriers...
i think Evasion could be renamed - does anyone else?
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]