v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation in German

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: Translation in German

Post by Samuel »

Bomber wrote:Hi. Translation of content_questlist.xml is done! It is based on revision 221.

I'm looking forward to your reviews...
You did a really good job! I reviewed 1/5 of the file. It has excellent quality.
Have some improvements - will report about them later.
Bomber wrote:Hi, I started work on content_conversationlist.xml. If some of you want to take over some parts of the translation, let me know per PN. After that I'll send you back a PN with the ID of the conversation list.

@samuel: sorry, but I really think that's the fastest way to get a translation of this file. :oops:
Its ok. IMO both ways will work.

Could you publish the file whenever the conversation lists of a town or location have been completed? Would be easier to review and we can publish some well translated conversations in 0.6.11 if we don't manage to translate them all.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

I just updated the patch including the questlist here: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=300
caga wrote:This sounds good to me too with one exception: stunned was translated earlier to Benommenheit (see strings.xml -> skill_longdescription_resistance_mental for referrence [line421])
Thats not correct. "Dazed" has been translated to "Benommen" and not "Stunned". This is what the resistance skills refer to. However earlier this has been translated as "Benommenheit". I fixed this.

Bomber, I completely reviewed your well translated file. I made around 50 changes (small fixes, better sound, typos) to it, so it would be hard to list every change here. Please use Winmerge to see all the differences. However I will try to list the main changes here:
  • I used the proposed translations: Wucht, Treffsicherheit, Lindwurm, Kazaul-Maden, Irdegh-Gift
  • "Glow of the Shadow" has been translated to "Das Leuchten der Schatten" instead of "glühende Schatten"
  • renamed the quest name "Uralte Geheimnisse" to "Geheimnisse aus alter Zeit" (Ancient secrets)
  • renamed the "Oberwärter" in Flagstone to "Aufseher" (former warden)
  • translated the code "Daylight Shadow" in Flagstone with "Licht und Schatten"
  • translated the location: "Foaming Flask tavern" with "Taverne 'Schäumende Flasche'" - other locations are still not translated
  • renamed the quest name "Düstere Absicht" to "Düstere Absichten" (Clouded intent)
  • renamed the quest name "Verlorene Schäfchen" to "Verlorene Schafe" (Lost sheep)
  • renamed the quest name "Einschnitte" to "Schlachtung" (Cheap cuts)
  • renamed the "Quelle" to "Brunnen" in Loneford (well)
This is a temporary patch. If you have any suggestions or think the original translation was better, just leave a note here. (its easier to manage the changes like this - otherwise some corrections might get lost)

ToDo:
  • content_questlist.xml (review the file)
  • content_itemlist.xml (itemlist_v0611_1, itemlist_v0611_2)
  • content_monsterlist.xml (monsterlist_v0611_monsters1, monsterlist_v0611_npcs1)
  • content_conversationlist.xml (Bomber works on it - PM him to help translating this big file)
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Bomber
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Bomber »

Samuel wrote:Could you publish the file whenever the conversation lists of a town or location have been completed?
Ok, no problem.

All your other changes are ok, except this one:
Samuel wrote:renamed the quest name "Uralte Geheimnisse" to "Geheimnisse aus alter Zeit" (Ancient secrets)
Certainly your translation is chosen more literally, but mine sounds, well... more mysterious! :D
Best regards,
Bomber

Post by Samuel »

Bomber wrote:All your other changes are ok, except this one:
Samuel wrote:renamed the quest name "Uralte Geheimnisse" to "Geheimnisse aus alter Zeit" (Ancient secrets)
Certainly your translation is chosen more literally, but mine sounds, well... more mysterious! :D
You and my wife agree on that one. ;-)
> I will change it back.

Did you Winmerge all the changes in the files or did you only look through my post.
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Samuel wrote:Did you Winmerge all the changes in the files or did you only look through my post.
I only looked through your post. I now have looked through diff of your file and mine too (with PSPad ;)). Like i said before, your corrections are legitimated. I would like to adhere to my translation in this quest:

{thorin:40} "Ruhestätte" in German has - in my opinion - the meaning of "grave" respectively "the last resting place". I think "Bettstatt" sounds good in a rpg, we also could use "Lager" or simply "Bett".
Best regards,
Bomber

Post by Samuel »

Bomber wrote:{thorin:40} "Ruhestätte" in German has - in my opinion - the meaning of "grave" respectively "the last resting place". I think "Bettstatt" sounds good in a rpg, we also could use "Lager" or simply "Bett".
I would prefer "Lager" then. Anyone else thinks we should use "Bettstatt"? I never heard that word. :oops:
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Samuel wrote:... "Bettstatt"? I never heard that word. :oops:
No need to feel ashamed! :)
According to the Duden, this word is more popular in the south of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Best regards,
Bomber

Post by Samuel »

Bomber wrote:
According to the Duden, this word is more popular in the south of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
As Remgard is in the north of Crossglen we should not translate it with "Bettstatt". ;-)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Samuel wrote:
Bomber wrote:
As Remgard is in the north of Crossglen we should not translate it with "Bettstatt". ;-)
Samuel,

You probably should have put this a "spoiler" tag as you just gave away a broad location of Remgard.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
kerasi
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by kerasi »

why do i keep reading this thread i can't read german and don't have an interest........ :roll:
Lvl: 54, XP: 2828096, Gold: 8478, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 149, AC: 210%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2/12, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 31%, DR: 1