v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Tired of Being a "Meat-monger"

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Sawblade
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Tired of Being a "Meat-monger"

Post by Sawblade »

Thanks in advance to any constructive responses to my question and thanks so much to the creators of the game. I've been playing for maybe a few days now and can play for hours on end. However, I do need help: I need gold. Before I even saw the idea in the forums I tried my hand at selling the meat I received from animals. Worked for a while, and purchased a few things, but I'm at the point where armor and weapons are in the thousands. It feels good when you have that much but when it's gone and you have to start all over...get my point? Are there any more effective ways of getting money? I am currently stuck evading and wandering through Blackwater Mountain to spy on the people of Blackwater (right at the southeast mine from after you've visited Prim; only one major healing potion left with less than 20/45 health left). Also, where in the world do you find a heartstone? Is it in one of those places still under development (I still can't go to Nor or the prison camp with the undead)? Thanks again.
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed entry. =) Happy hunting!
Zhelach
Lvl 41 HP: 121 AP: 12/3 ACo: 4 ACh: 208% AD: 18-24 CHS: 34 CM: 2.0 ECC: 21% BC: 92% DR: 6
Skillz: WA(1) HH(1) Dg(1) BS(1) CS(2) Cl(1) CE(1) IF(1) Reg(1) DbotS(1) 1hsP(1) LaP(1)
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Tired of Being a "Meat-monger"

Post by Pyrizzle »

Hello Sawblade! Welcome to the forums! So glad to hear you are enjoying Andor's Trail!

Money:
One of the biggest things early on in the game is collecting the money needed to buy equipment

Selling meats is a great way to collect cash pretty quickly
The Flagstone Prison is a great place to grind and collect money too
Putting a Skill point into treasure hunter can take the edge off of collecting gold

Blackwater Mountain:
Are you using Major Potions as your Potions?
Have you finished the Disallowed Substance quest yet? Finishing that quest makes bonemeal potions available in Fallhaven ((but be careful, they are illegal)) BMPs are cheaper than the Major potions, that might also save you a bunch of money

Be careful of the Cabin half way up the mountain, if you rest there and die that bed is where you respawn... if you run out of potions it can be easy to get "stuck" for a bit.

Unfinished parts of the game:
quests: A search for Andor, A lost potion, lost treasure,
Nor City is not in the game yet, the same goes for heartstone right now too.
Hope this helped. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Happy hunting!!!
-The Firebug Pyrizzle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sawblade

Post by Sawblade »

Thank you for the feedback, and the much needed editing. I haven't invested in the Treasure Hunter skill yet. I mainly use the "bone potions" (dont have any so can't tell you the name from memory; they restore 40 health and I get them from Fallhaven), and meat in battle. I got lazy, so I posted a screenshot of my stats under attachments. As far as gear: Venomous Dagger, Mikhail's and Tavern Brawlers Rings, Troublemakers gloves, Vapor's boots of attack, Fine Green Hat, Villain's leather armour, Irogotu's Necklace, and a reinforced wooden shield. I'm honestly thinking of going back down the mountain to restock. It's like every time you go to a new city you either have to pay somebody or do a quest just to rest your already battle-worn warrior (my only other quip really). I wish I could venture into the prison, but the game won't let me go any further down than the map area of the guard. Same with the Dilean (?) Road from Loneford. For all my complaining, I understand that the game is under development, and I do enjoy the gameplay. I guess I'm just in a tough spot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zhelach
Lvl 41 HP: 121 AP: 12/3 ACo: 4 ACh: 208% AD: 18-24 CHS: 34 CM: 2.0 ECC: 21% BC: 92% DR: 6
Skillz: WA(1) HH(1) Dg(1) BS(1) CS(2) Cl(1) CE(1) IF(1) Reg(1) DbotS(1) 1hsP(1) LaP(1)
Gecq
android_version: 4.0

Post by Gecq »

The flagstone prison should be accessible. What does your quest log say? You should go in there before you try to venture to Blackwater area where you are currently struggling. There is a prize waiting for you which should help you proceed more easily.

Have you finished the Vileguard and Fallhaven quests? You should do that first in my opinion.

Before going to Blackwater you should ensure that you have at least 50 Bonemeal potions as a security cushion. Have you chosen Increased fortitude? You should have a little more HPs and your Attack chance should be higher. Do some levels chosing AC and AD before going there this should really help substantially. Blackwater can be very annoying if you are not in control of the situation.

Also in my humble opinion you should travel north first.
Have you already discovered the Crossroads tavern? There is someone selling very good equipment.
Sawblade

Post by Sawblade »

Yes, I have done the Vilegard and Fallhaven quests already. My incompleted quests mostly lie in the north (yes, I have been to Crossroads Tavern; I bought armour there from the shady guy) and in Blackwater, except for Calomyra Secrets. Feygard is still blocked for me, and I haven't tried taking out the bridge monster leading toward the tower (The Path is Clear to Me) simply because I don't believe I'm prepared for that yet. As far as Ancient Secrets, I have talked to the guard, and it basically says what the guard told me and that I should investigate. I haven't gotten any Increased Fortitude skills yet, just Corpse Eater. I see the importance of boosting attack and health; I just tried to do it in roundabout ways like finding something that will lower attack cost and see if I can get my blocking chance up.
Zhelach
Gecq

Post by Gecq »

I can only recommend chosing Increased Fortitude. Your health increases with every level up so that you can concentrate on damage and attack chance. There is no need yet to raise block chance. You can get a sufficient BC by chosing the right equipment. Currently you are quite good with 53%. Your critical chance needs a raise or you should wield another weapon instead. If you go for Critical get the rings of backstabbing from Crossroads. If not, take the Balanced Steel Sword [4 AP, AC 32%, DMG 3-7].
Sawblade

Post by Sawblade »

Ha, I figured out why I couldn't get to Flagstone. I was going toward Stoutford thinking it was Flagstone. Going through it went well with the previous setup but once I obtained "the prize" towards the end, coming back through there was actually fun. Used up about 20 meat and some bonemeal, but it was definitely worth it to see that 30 pt. critical hit flash on the screen. Basilisk picked the wrong time to respawn. Haha, it was great. Found a great place to train at. Thanks for the advice you all. Oh, did go back and do Calomyran Secrets (couldn't find the right person for a sec). Which would be the recommended course now: Blackwater, the cave between Vilegard and Nor, or The Path is Clear to Me quest? Either way, gonna farm some meat, get a bit stronger, and see what I can purchase.
Zhelach
Gecq

Post by Gecq »

Good you found and made it through Flagstone!
From my experience I would recommend grinding there a bit in order to build up money for those two rings of backstabbing I mentioned and for a big bonemeal cushion. I never feel comfortable with less than 50 potions. Then you could go through the Gargoyle cave. Once you feel secure and in control there you should try the troll on the bridge and solve the woodcutters' quest if you haven't already. Tough stuff!

Once you managed all that check and enlarge your bonemeal stash (100 maybe) and go to Blackwater. Be careful there, you will have to rely on a lot of potions before you finally are safe.
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

A little advice
buy 5 containers of milk before you go back towards Blackwater Mountain
Also, the rings being suggested are the Polished Rings of Backstabbing (the regular ring of backstabbing also exists but you want the polished ones).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Oh yeah I forgot to say this earlier:

if you use the cabin half way up Blackwater Mountain, i reccomend dropping some potions next to the bed (at least enough to get back down) just in case you run out and die.

At this point you may be ready to try to get a Ring Of Lesser Shadows (the cave in between Vilegard and Nor City), bring a bunch of potions with you but after a few levels you will probably not need them anymore. good luck!

Happy hunting!

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!