v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I'm new here... [Questions]

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: I'm new here... [Questions]

Post by Sarumar »

Laggh wrote:Necrite, You are 100%... I would do things differently as a new player. I neglected to mention the quests and quest items. You are also correct in that those dogs can get really boring. My challenge was to see how far north I could go before I needed to retreat to the cabin.

I just built a character who has not leveled up past level 3, taken no quests nor have I killed any unique enemies. I bought all the equipment mentioned in my posts as well as 2 villian's rings with funds from farming meat. My plan is to shelve this character until the next upgrade to see what new skill paths are available.

Back to this post... I would encourage new players to experience the richness of the quests by completing them as they come along, but grinding for meat is essential for early success. I remember the first anklebiter I came across, he was no wild boar! I was not-so-gently reminded that I needed to go back and farm some more to upgrade my equipment. I have not tried a tank build yet, relying instead on killing them before they can strike me. It just goes against my grain to devote any points to HP and BC! Maybe my next build will be more balanced :)

Good luck on getting cleave! There are places in this game where 2 or more enemies are unavoidable and cleave will come in handy. I chose fortitude and regeneration early on to let my HP build on “auto pilot”

Sarumar, don't laugh... but I just got new glasses and noticed Gruil for the first time 2 days ago! LOL :D his wares would have come in handy!

Have a great day everyone!
Do not worry I will never laugh at you ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1