v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New Icons

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

New Icons

Post by nether »

How do you guys go about making the icons\images for monsters\actor conditions\equipment? I'd like to try to do some myself..... I don't have any experience really, but it's something that interests me.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: New Icons

Post by Antison »

The tile set is a free set that oskar has been using sense day 1. They have sense added to it. Somebody gave them more images. I forget that person's name.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nether

Post by nether »

Ah...... they are really good too, and there was so many in the content editor I thought one of you guys were just churning these things out at one point lol.

Can a player suggest free tiles that could possibly be added?
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Licensing issues aside, I'm sure the developers wouldn't mind having extra graphics to work with.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

nether wrote:Ah...... they are really good too, and there was so many in the content editor I thought one of you guys were just churning these things out at one point lol.

Can a player suggest free tiles that could possibly be added?
Yes by all means.
fiernaq wrote:Licensing issues aside, I'm sure the developers wouldn't mind having extra graphics to work with.
Indeed licensing is something we work directly with the artists about. We are always interested in new graphics, who knows what they might inspire!
nether

Post by nether »

any tips for how to search for these kinds of things? My searches on photobucket haven't been very fruitful.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

Are you referring to pixel art from scratch, or just editing some of what is already there?
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

nether wrote:any tips for how to search for these kinds of things? My searches on photobucket haven't been very fruitful.
There are plenty of places like opengameart.org, deviantart.com, etc. There are also some items in the tilesets we use that have not been taken advantage of yet.
Taledus wrote:Are you referring to pixel art from scratch, or just editing some of what is already there?

Either or, we have no dedicated artist on the project so most everything comes from other sources. A few things have been edited by us.
nether

Post by nether »

I never realized how hard it is to search for specific pixel art. Wow. Thanks for the links though, really helped
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:The tile set is a free set that oskar has been using sense day 1. They have sense added to it. Somebody gave them more images. I forget that person's name.
DarkSavant13
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------