v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I want to start a new game but cant!

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
phoenix82
android_version: 3.0

I want to start a new game but cant!

Post by phoenix82 »

I have currently completed all of the missions and wanted to try starting a new game to explore another path in the game but for some reason Im unable to do so. My options on the main screen are continue current game, new game, about/help, exit, and load *which is faded out and wont let me click on it...Ive been playing a good 6 months and have gotten bored continuously grinding for magickal items, and dont wanna go thru andors trail withdrawl :D waiting for the next release. Anyone know why I cant start over? My phone is an android LG vortex...

Crystal Level 45 1640197 experience
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: I want to start a new game but cant!

Post by phydeaux »

Save your game? If the load game is greyed out, it means you haven't done a manual save. Press the menu button in-game and click on save.
Also, when you click on new game, it comes up with a warning about losing current game, click ok, then enter a name for new char, or just use the same name, then click new game again.

Happy hunting :D
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

There is now a script written to prevent saving over a different name accidentally.

In the event you tap the wrong slot when saving.

:D

Earlier in the game's life we lost a few characters by tapping a little haphazardly.

:lol:

When you finally make a save file, it is saved on your SD card.

Then, you can back up that save - on a PC, through an email, and on Google Drive...

Plenty of ways to go about it, feel free to ask for details, if needed.

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
phoenix82
android_version: 3.0

Post by phoenix82 »

I dont have an option to click on save game! What menu screen is supposed to have a save option? I dont have it on the main screen or anywhere during the game or combat. I assumed since my game was automatically saving this whole time that it would just count as the saved game and let me start a new one if i wanted to
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

phoenix82 wrote:I dont have an option to click on save game! What menu screen is supposed to have a save option? I dont have it on the main screen or anywhere during the game or combat. I assumed since my game was automatically saving this whole time that it would just count as the saved game and let me start a new one if i wanted to
Press your devices menu button in game.