v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

skill points again

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
thechosenone
android_version: 2.2

skill points again

Post by thechosenone »

Can the developers make skill points not so spread out and make the exp to next level not so much im at level nine an i need 2300 xp to next level for the amount of exp some enemies give i think that is alot :ugeek:
THE MUFFIN MAN
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: skill points again

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I kinda like the current spread. Skills should take time Glasshopper. Push yourself - level up somewhere that the enemies give more EXP.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

IMO the current version of game is a bit slow to start and perhanps hard ? It will be much easier when you hit some more levels. If I undertand some of the devs post here in right way, then in future there will be more lowlevel quest and thing will be "easier". IMO current skillpoint and exp sysem works well.

Hapoy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:I kinda like the current spread. Skills should take time Glasshopper. Push yourself - level up somewhere that the enemies give more EXP.
+1
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Don't complain. There are far too many extreme players on the forums and in the game. Extreme being by far the mildest description. Sarumar, one of the highest level players on the forums, has a level 200 something build, and I shudder to think how much exp. points he has to accumulate for just one level up... Nyktos must've had 5 builds over lv 100 by now, and you can imagine how much time they spend on Andor's Trail.

My advice to you would be to endure, and keep going on grinding and killing monsters for exp. HOWEVER, I am aware of a way to get forward through the game really quick...
This is how it is possible to accumulate impossible amounts of potions, money, food, or whatever money-related stuff in the game. If you have clicked on it accidentally, I would you have one last chance to exit this spoiler. This little tidbit of information could be enough to completely spoil the game. You have been warned.

In version 0.6.10, there was a way I discovered accidentally to gain as much gold as you want. In version 0.6.11, however, this loophole has already been closed. So, you can search for the link on the forums to downloading the previous versions, somewhere on the Project News threads. Now, once you have replaced your v.0.6.11 with the old v0.6.10, you may have to restart your character. With the new character, you can go to the nearest merchant (I usually go to the town hall's bread supplier) and do the following steps:
1: Buy something.
2: Quick press on the sell option twice.
3: If done correctly, there will be two sell windows that pop out (one on top of the other). Press sell all on both windows.
4: Now, if you enter the shop's buy windows, there should be twice the amount of what it's inventory normally holds, and your money you get from selling twice of what you bought will be in your inventory.

I usually accomplish this with bread at first, then I get on to bonemeal potions or major potions of health, depending on whatever faction my build sided with, and then I keep buying until I have a balance between too much money and too much potions.
There is, however, one thing you must look out for. If you have too much money, the game will not be able to process it, and your money will turn to negative. After you become a millionare, I suggest you start saving before you repeat the above four steps again.
While this may not be completely sufficient for you to grab skill points with, I think that gold and the potions and weapons that it can buy would give you an excellent head start against all of your other opponents. Imagine getting 1000000
bonemeal potions and the best equipment money can buy by level 5.
Hey guys, I'm back.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

the Treasure Hunter skill is amazing for players who don't wanna grind so much!

[i have said this before and was ridiculed, but...]

early in the game, a nice set of gear will help out A LOT more than a few XP levels...
so - take it as a skill early & your hunting will be much more lucrative.

you will be able to battle much more rewarding enemies at a lower level.
(due to better gear)

and you can gain access to more towns & quests early...
so not only will you gain power quickly - you will have more to do.

i don't take it on my serious builds, because grinding doesn't bother me at all.
but, i wanted to test a few things - so i could give better advice.

if you want more power early (and quickly)...
take Treasure Hunter, not Quick Learner.

eventually you wont need the gold, and the skill will lose it's potency...
but, it gets you into the best part of the game - faster.

---edit---

oh yeah, the shop bug has been fixed.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

nyktos wrote:the Treasure Hunter skill is amazing for players who don't wanna grind so much!

[i have said this before and was ridiculed, but...]
That's because once you own the JoF there's nothing terribly expensive that costs more than the vast amounts of gold you can bring in even at low level :lol:

Actually, I think I had my JoF by lvl 4 and could probably have gotten it earlier if I bought bread to eat instead of eating meat. Just hit lvl 30 and I have nearly 50k extra gold that I have no idea what to do with... maybe I can throw it at monsters and make 'em die of suffocation when they get buried in the pile of coins :lol:

That being said, I do remember that my very first char had severe money issues but that's only because I didn't know how to maximize my potential.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Lavic
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Lavic »

Okay didn't read the last two posts because I didn't want to forget this. Do NOT put down people for their ideas and this one isn't that bad. At first 2300 xp isn't that bad I admit, however I have a question: is the xp level to level exponential, once constant forumla, or a more well thought out thing. I think that higher levels are a bit unabalanced, unless I have played to far into the game some 40 levels in and feel that the time required is a bit hard. I.e. the max level is about 50ish and the game will end by finding Andor there at that level. The time is disoriented for me because most of my levels past 25 have just been grinding for a legendary item, which I feel also should need a solution.
Khazuul Xenocide, Lavic, Shadow Walker
-Lvl: 44, HP: 115, AP: 12, AC: 215%, AD: 17-28, Crit: -11, BC: 105%, DR: 1
-RoL: 1
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

It's exponential... If I remember right, it's something like 55*lvl^2
But don't quote me on that...
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

fiernaq wrote:That being said, I do remember that my very first char had severe money issues but that's only because I didn't know how to maximize my potential.
exactly!
that advice was for the new players.

:D

in the early levels, money is power - not XP
obviously, there is a point where you will need XP...
i was just pointing out something i noticed.

that NO ONE takes Treasure Hunter, even the people that need to!

:lol:

and a little leak about the coming update = when healing items get tweaked...
you will be hard up for cash (unless you are using an old character)
and there are some VERY nice potions that are VERY expensive.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]