Is the shadow good or bad?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
genmockify
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Is the shadow good or bad?

Post by genmockify »

At first it's hard to figure out until you kill Bucseth the guy near the priest in the temple of shadow. Busceth clearly states that he and the other shadow cult members poisoned the entire town. Your brother even foolishly assisted in placing poison into the well so now you know what you are dealing with. It is said they are deceivers, they murder people in the night. I know nothing.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Re: Is the shadow good or bad?

Post by Wyrmspawn »

The Shadow is a god or goddess who has little interest in the workings of the world. However, it remains pleased as long as he or she is worshipped, as lack of worship will cause it to become a lesser god ( like Kazaul and Elythara, who strive to come out as figureheads for humanity in the upcoming war between the Shadow's acolytes and Feygard's men). So, as long as we worship him or her, the Shadow will leave the world alone. But as soon as we stop worshipping it, turning instead to law and order over religion, the shadow will stir, and wage war against whatever it may be that has threatened its religion. Like Feygard. And while the Shadow is busy waging its war, lost gods like Kazaul, bringer of chaos, and Elythara, mother of light, will take the opportunity to reestablish their religion.

So, in a sense, the Shadow is neutral as long as we don't threaten it's existence, meaning we keep worshipping it.
Hey guys, I'm back.
genmockify

Post by genmockify »

I certainly agree with you, that is the root cause. However that does not free either the shadow or its followers from those murders. The only justification for killing is in self defense not not preservation of religion. In doing so the shadow has shown just how evil it is. You stated the shadow is neutral. If the shadow acts or by by association allows/tells its followers to do harm or misdeeds to others than it can no longer be neutral. You did make some strong points though. Thank you for your comments.
Lvl 46 EXP 1835045 HP 137 AP 11 AC 167 AD20-32 CH 22 BC 120 DR 3
Fl.pride, DP helm, remgard chainmail, necklace of strike, remgard combat shield.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

genmockify wrote:I certainly agree with you, that is the root cause. However that does not free either the shadow or its followers from those murders. The only justification for killing is in self defense not not preservation of religion. In doing so the shadow has shown just how evil it is. You stated the shadow is neutral. If the shadow acts or by by association allows/tells its followers to do harm or misdeeds to others than it can no longer be neutral. You did make some strong points though. Thank you for your comments.
How does the Shadow become evil, (or good), based on something it's followers did?
genmockify

Post by genmockify »

True, a god or deity is not responsible for the actions of its followers, however the person above said that the shadow was angry with the people not worshipping it and guided or directed its followers to commit horrible acts against the people. I only replied to what was said earlier. We will have to wait and see if the shadow is instigating these actions or is innocent. My personal view is that several fanatics have joined the cause and manipulated Andor into poisoning the well.
Fl.pride, DP helm, remgard chainmail, necklace of strike, remgard combat shield.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

...positions of power are always used for personal gain...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
genmockify

Post by genmockify »

Agreed!

Warning! My message was written while ghost riding an Apache helicopter.jk
Lavic
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Lavic »

Personally I still have mixed feelings about the shadow.
Khazuul Xenocide, Lavic, Shadow Walker
-Lvl: 44, HP: 115, AP: 12, AC: 215%, AD: 17-28, Crit: -11, BC: 105%, DR: 1
-RoL: 1
genmockify

Post by genmockify »

And you are right to. We should always be cautious when dealing with entities like the shadow. The followers are almost all murdering fanatics. I would expect the worst until you can be sure it is safe to deal with them. Just like those 3 npc's near carne tower to the west. The leader Rogorn or whatever his name made a compelling statement proclaiming he and his buddies were not guilty of stealing even though I found the stolen pieces on him and his bastard friends. He almost had me fooled. There may indeed be good people in the shadow but it is a dark force until they prove it.

LV 26 EXP 310108 AP 10/10 HP 111 AC 141 AD 12-41 CH 25 CM 3.0 CC17BC 70
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

genmockify wrote: Warning! My message was written while ghost riding an Apache helicopter.jk
:lol: ... not bad one... :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1