v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Is the shadow good or bad?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
genmockify
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Is the shadow good or bad?

Post by genmockify »

Thank you. I noticed your spill earlier. Now that' s multi-tasking.
Lvl 46 EXP 1835045 HP 137 AP 11 AC 167 AD20-32 CH 22 BC 120 DR 3
Fl.pride, DP helm, remgard chainmail, necklace of strike, remgard combat shield.
Andrew
android_version: 2.2

Post by Andrew »

And while the Shadow is busy waging its war, lost gods like Kazaul, bringer of chaos, and Elythara, mother of light, will take the opportunity to reestablish their religion.
Well Elythara does not sound too bad, we could always go with no religion too.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Well, the way I see it, there are gods and goddesses in Andor's world. The Shadow will keep itself in the center of worship as long as possible. Feygard is unaware of it and tries to punish Shadow Priests for not obeying all of their laws. The Shadow priests know that if the Shadow's existence is threatened, it will become a threat to the rest of the world. So they fight against Feygard in all possible ways. And here's what siding with the Shadow or other factions will give you:

The Shadow: Has offered the Ring of Lesser Shadow, has many followers who would also sell good defensive items, however is threatened by the oncoming war with Feygard and less people worship it than before.

Kazaul: Has offered the Rapier of Lifesteal, has very little followers. However, in the upcoming chaos between the Shadow and Feygard, would garner some more followers. (Is chaotic and is named "destroyer of bright dreams" and opposes Elythara)

Elythara: Has offered the Elytharean Redeemer. Weakest of all items offered by gods. Has only one follower. Might get more followers in the following war. (Is a bringer of light (might or might not be good) and opposes Kazaul)

Feygard: Offers no legendary items, has no god behind it, is unaware of the gods and does not respect them. Has many followers, and sell the best non-critical items.

Thieve's Guild: Offers no legendary items, stirring up war between Feygard and the Shadow, is aware of only the Shadow. Has many followers who sell good offensive and critical items in many towns.
Hey guys, I'm back.
genmockify

Post by genmockify »

Thank you very much for that information.
Fl.pride, DP helm, remgard chainmail, necklace of strike, remgard combat shield.
DeltaKnight
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by DeltaKnight »

Also remember the bonemeal potion from the shadow that are illegal by Feygard
HP: 666 (I wonder is "The Shadow" met the Devil yet)
Lvl: 258, XP: 3542010, Gold: 2147429, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
AC: 378%, AD: 102-105, AP: 3, ECC: 100%, CM: 4.5, BC: 300%, DR: 0
genmockify

Post by genmockify »

The bonemeal potions are illegal however one should not judge the shadow for this and for good reason. The two priest of shadow assisted the main character with the potions so the shadow did not have a role to play in this crime. Thus freeing it from guilt.
DeltaKnight
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by DeltaKnight »

Agreed the shadow can't be guilted for them..but in the fact using them isn't something you should be guilted ... people should just remember that these potion basicaly are ofered by let's say shadow followers...Alying with feygard don't seem a good choice since everyone is using them right?
HP: 666 (I wonder is "The Shadow" met the Devil yet)
Lvl: 258, XP: 3542010, Gold: 2147429, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
AC: 378%, AD: 102-105, AP: 3, ECC: 100%, CM: 4.5, BC: 300%, DR: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I've said it before and I am sure I'll say it again, there are no gods in AT.

For more information look to the Design Outline: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BwW ... lIp5g/edit

sdevaney
genmockify

Post by genmockify »

Serious questions and comments about the game only please.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

genmockify wrote:Serious questions and comments about the game only please.
What is wrong with this thread :?:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"