v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New having some questions

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
LordLancelot
android_version: 4.0

New having some questions

Post by LordLancelot »

Greetings,

I have read a lot of the forums posts, but still have questions.
My current character stats is in my signature.
Skills: Lv5 Increased Fortitude I, LV8 regeneration, Lv12 corspe eater, Lv16 Weapon Accuracy, LV20 Increased Fortitude II, LV 24 Speed I, LV 30 Speed II, LV 35 Increased Fortitude III, LV 36, LV 40, LV 44, LV 48 save for LV 50 Increased Fortitude IV
I was planing to get cleave, but put it on hold to get speed II at lv 30.

Equipped gear: Quickstrike dagger, Crude wooden buckler, Leather cap, Hardened leather shirt, Leather gloves of attack, Vacor's boots of attack, Jewel of Fallhaven, Villain's ring 2X.

Not equipped gear of notes: Villain's leather armour & Coward's boots, Balanced steel sword, Flagstone's pride, Venomous Dagger, Irogotu's necklace, Stone Cuirass.

Dungeon cleared so far: Rat cave, Wolf cave, Jan's Cave, Catacomb, Flag Stone Prison, Gargoyle cave.

I Had no trouble so far, skipped BWM the dark room is not something I find fun, I will retry soon now that I have the maps.
http://thegleep.com/index.php?title=And ... %27s_Trail

I went to PW cave and I have to use many potion due to the poison and bleed status, witch I never like to use.

QUESTIONS
1) Is it possible to have an effective balanced build with high block, just by changing all my items ?
I want to be able to only rarely be poisoned or have the bleed status when facing monster that inflict those status.
2) when checking the stats of Elytharan redeemer, what does the 2 ap cost mean ? is it like armor penalty that increase the ap needed or is it +2 total ap ?
3) where can I find the Coward's boots ? (Nevermind found them in thief guild for 1071gp)
4) I find this link very helpful could you guys update the latest stuff ? NEW LINK https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html
5) where can I find Rapier of lifesteal ?
6) Where is the fastest to get from lv 20 to lv 30 ?
7) how many items can I have on me ? (I dropped some in my starting house)
8)how many trash object would you recommend to lay on the ground for the entire BWM area ?(Dark rooms drop)

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LordLancelot on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
L37 Naked: 86hp, 10 AP, AC 125, AD 22, 2.5k gp
Gear: HP 102, AC 259, 12AP, Dam 6X 28-34, BC 12, DR 1
Skills:40-44 evasion or weapons, 50 Fortitude 4, 54,58,62 F5 65
QS dag, Rem C V, E C Helm, Vacor's B, Marrow, Villain's ring 2X, L G attack, Rem Shield
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: New having some questions

Post by phydeaux »

#1, why is your bc negative???
#2 is +2 to your total ap
#5 is
in the kazul shrine on the way up blackwater mountain
#6 is probably blackwater mountain, just beware of the bed in the cabin halfway up.
#7 is all of them. There it's no inventory limit.
#8 is as many as you want :) but you only need to drop one at a time

Welcome top the forums, and happy hunting :D
LordLancelot

Post by LordLancelot »

1) my Bc is -8 (because -20 Dag, -2 glove + 6 helm + 5 armor+1 shield+2 boots = -8) I normally kill an enemy in one round, so most of the time they can not hit me since they are dead.
8) how many junk items would you recommend ? (100, more ?)

Would like to have a full equipment list for a good block value.

Currently having 10 000gp and 94 bone potion ( I can save up gp for new equipments)

Thanks
Last edited by LordLancelot on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
QS dag, Rem C V, E C Helm, Vacor's B, Marrow, Villain's ring 2X, L G attack, Rem Shield
phydeaux
VIP

Post by phydeaux »

The dark rooms on the way up bwm aren't that bad, especially if you have the maps... The one in the kazul shrine, however... Ugh. But, again, with the maps, you shouldn't have to highlight the trail, just make an occasional drop so you have a point of reference, so you can tell if you're moving our stuck in a corner... Since you have the maps, I'd personally say you shouldn't need more than 10 our so, if that many.
As for your bc, start putting levels into it... After leveling your ad some.
And btw, those status effects are nothing compared to what you'll face on bwm, and bwm is nothing compared to what you'll face on the way to remgard... if you want to try making it through the game with one turn kills, you're gonna need a lot more ad... Oh, and you should look into the evasion skill if you wanna get first strike :twisted:
Btw, as fast as equipment lists go, the list you've found is the best one I know of, other than going through the game and acquiring one of every item :D
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Nice buid, but a Phydeaux says... not ewen the best BC equipment is not enough If you like to awoid some of the most lethal status effect in BWM or in road to the Remgard.

Travel safe ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Recommend hit-and-run tactics. Get the cowards boots and the villain's leather armor, and then you can hit 4times before you flee. So simple and so effective. You never are on the wrong side of a hit.
Hey guys, I'm back.
LordLancelot

Post by LordLancelot »

Thanks for the answers.

The trouble is I often miss flee, I need to go up at least 12lv to get my first escape, and leveling is very long. :(

Here a suggestion
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1877
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

You don't need the skill evasion to flee, just the luck. Without evasion, hit and run still works to at least 4 times out of 5 in my experience.
Hey guys, I'm back.
phydeaux
VIP

Post by phydeaux »

That is true, you don't ned the skill to flee, but it makes it near impossible for a mob to get first strike :)