v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

It's In Me bug/suggestion

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
happilyjinxed
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: It's In Me bug/suggestion

Post by happilyjinxed »

I think more than a few good arguments have been made for both sides of this issue, but the largest reason I think that something should be changed is what tek said, this mechanic is not consistent with any other boss drops/quest continuation mechanics in this game, and therefore confusing, especially if you are not familiar with other RPG mechanics. Additionally, that confusion leads you on a very long back and forth fight in a severely impaired state that was difficult enough the first time. Especially because I was level 28 at the time and didn't have Combat Speed x2 (12 AP).
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: It's In Me bug/suggestion

Post by oskarwiksten »

Excellent points, everyone. The reason for it being this way, is that we currently have no way of triggering a conversation (or quest script) when a monster has been killed. Conversations (and thus, quest scripts) are currently only triggered when talking to a non-hostile NPC, or when stepping on certain areas. The area where the lich spawns is one of such area, that triggers a conversation (similar to what signposts do).

I would love to get the time for v0.6.12 to code the ability to trigger quests actions when a monster has been killed. This would remove the need for using "[whatshisname]'s signet ring" as a quest trigger in subsequent conversations to progress quests, and instead add a quest progress text right when a monster has been killed.
/Oskar