v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

It's In Me bug/suggestion

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
happilyjinxed
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

It's In Me bug/suggestion

Post by happilyjinxed »

I just finished this quest but had an interesting and frustrating experience with the NPCs involved not recognizing that I killed the Lich. Even though I had killed the Lich and gathered the items it dropped, I was not allowed to progress with the Shadow Priest in Loneford. After fighting back to where the Lich was at, I confirmed that it was dead, but apparently I had not moved my Hero over the space where it died and beyond to pick up the helmet and get the message talking about the remains of the Lich. I was then allowed to continue with the quest. While it wasnt entirely a bug, I think this should be addressed so that the items and event changes necessary to continue the quest are dropped and changed when the Lich is killed, especially because this is already a very long back and forth quest without any unnecessary trips to make sure you killed what you know you killed.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: It's In Me bug/suggestion

Post by Sarumar »

+1 I can confirm this one. IMO it is a bug in the conversation and really frustrating...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

the first time i played this quest, when i killed him - i walked over his body
(out of habit) after years of playing RPGs i have seen this mechanic before...

the second time i played, i was a little hasty & walked away after killing him.
[missing the quest drop]

now - i see the source of irritation...
but - i think it should stay in the game.

[like - he dropped it, but... you didn't see it until you moved closer]

so, IMO - not a bug: but a feature.
a feature to trip the player up if he / she is not being thorough.

however, i do now wonder - how many people have missed this & needed to go back?
(great idea for a poll?)

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I agree with Nyktos on every point he made. It is most certainly no a bug. But because this behavior is not consistent with how the other boss kills and drops function, one may argue that this is at the very least a defect.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

I too agree... , but IMO there should be some other response
after kill ( :twisted: ) so the conversation need to be fix...
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

yeah, i could see justifying that...

a toast that pops up after the kill?

Code: Select all

something shimmers as it falls from the rotting corpse of the lich...
then the player is tempted to walk in the direction of the fallen enemy.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Funfood
android_version: 4.0

Post by Funfood »

When I started playing RPG on the computer, I soon learned to look everywhere. In a new area, I always step on every tile, just because :D

I think the mentioned behaviour should stay as it is, some things you have to find out by yourself (or with helo from here). That's part of the fun of a game for me, to not been put directly on every item. There's nothing like the satisfied feeling when you found such a "secret" ;)
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

nyktos wrote:yeah, i could see justifying that...

a toast that pops up after the kill?

Code: Select all

something shimmers as it falls from the rotting corpse of the lich...
then the player is tempted to walk in the direction of the fallen enemy.
IMO, too obvious. I suggest to fix conversation of this quest.
Sarumar

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Funfood wrote:When I started playing RPG on the computer, I soon learned to look everywhere. In a new area, I always step on every tile, just because :D

I think the mentioned behaviour should stay as it is, some things you have to find out by yourself (or with helo from here). That's part of the fun of a game for me, to not been put directly on every item. There's nothing like the satisfied feeling when you found such a "secret" ;)
+1
Very good point here.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

I'm quite the opposite. I prefer things to be handed to me on a silver platter. I took the effort to get there and I don't need some fancy schmancy secret puzzle hidden item quest thingy to make me enjoy it. It's a role-playing game and as such I always find myself in the virtual shoes of my character. If I (person, not char) had just slain a beast, I'm pretty confident that I would've noticed anything out of place. My perception would've allowed me to spot things from a distance that didn't require me to walk over and jump up and down and spin in circles in a certain area to find out.

Just like my vote for being able to identify monsters before you've attacked them, here is another situation where the character has more ability than is given to him by the game. This seems to be another case where a lot of ppl are arguing for more difficulty just for the sake of difficulty instead of considering the role-playing aspects of it.

Try looking at it from another point of view: in a table-top dungeon game like D&D, if your GM didn't say something like "You see a glimmer from the corner of the room," you would never go investigate it. It wouldn't occur to you because if that had been you in there, you would've noticed it on your own without the GM having to say anything. The reason the GM has to tell you is because it is part of your natural in-game perception ability.

Back to AT, if you just killed a powerful monster and behind its corpse you spot a helmet just lying on the ground... oh wait... you "spot" it. You don't have to walk over and stand on it before you see it. You spot it from where you stand. So yes, the whole tooltip description system is there to provide you with a text description of what the game is not capable of displaying to you in a manner that you can understand. In this case, I think you could get away with just showing a loot icon on the ground behind the boss as that would be enough to make most people go check it out. However, I still think that the description provided to you should include everything around you so that you're not walking around with a blindfold on.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013