Help a newbie please!

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Blitz
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Help a newbie please!

Post by Blitz »

Hi, I started playing this game a few days back and am loving it. I do need some advice though.

I am currently level 18. My base stats are 38HP, attack chance 110, attack damage 3, and block chance 15.
I put skill points into fortitude, bark skin, combat speed and regen. And am planning to take increased fortitude again at level 20. Followed bark skin again
I am having a lot of trouble with enemies at the moment and was wondering if I am doing something wrong.
I finished everything in the starting town, vilegard, fallhaven, and cross roads guard house, the farming town and the prison. I'm not sure where to go next. I tried going up to blackwater but found the wyrms too difficult. So, I went beyond the farming town and entered a cave. Now I am being completely outgunned by allacephs. What do you folks advise?

My stats after equipment are attack cost 3, attack chance 191, attack damage 10-21, crit hit skill 14, multiplier 2, block chance 46, and damage resistance 2. My equipment is flagstone pride sword, strong wooden tower shield, jewel of fall haven, two villain rings, leather cap hardened leather shirt, troublemaker gloves, vacors boots of attack. I sold all the other unique items I got along the way.

So, what should I do now. Feel like I am facing a brick wall...

PS I took combat speed because I can make two attacks and heal in the same turn - something I'm doing a Lot lately...
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: Help a newbie please!

Post by phydeaux »

Up your base ad, other than that, your stats look pretty good for your level... Just grind out some levels...
Flagstone prison is probably good for your level...
Welcome to the forums, and happy hunting :D
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Thanks, I will do that. Probably will increase damage till I hit 10 and then increase block for bark skin.

BTW, what's the point of small rocks. I have been selling them...
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

They are not entirely useless...
You can use them to mark your path, especially in the dark maps
Also, they are are used as a counter when grinding the gargoyl cave for the ROLS
But that's about it... :)
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Two suggestions:

If you've got bark skin, I'd advise going all out for more damage resistance. So, get the Defender's shield from the Crossroad Guard House. It gives you +1 damage resistance, on top of a high block chance. However, the catch is that it will take away a couple of critical skills. I would also advise getting the necklace of the Protector, which offers you +2 damage resistance and +5 hp, and, in my opinion, is far better than the Jewel of Fallhaven. That would give you reasonable damage resistance, and you can still play hit and run with 4ap attack cost. Then, I would advise taking the woodcutter's boots, which offer high block chance and reasonable attack chance. That's the build I would advise you to take, but of course, if you prefer offense:

For now, you've got 11ap. If you use a quickstrike dagger and villain's leather armour, you'd be able to make three hits and run afterwards, making your character a deadly assasin. If you don't get hit by the enemy at all, there's no need for much defense. Just get close, hit three times, flee, rinse and repeat. But I'm not sure which build you'd prefer.
Hey guys, I'm back.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Welcome to the forums, Blitz! :D

I would also suggest grinding Flagstone to get some levels and it's also a good place for gold. You will probably want to switch weapons to something that doesn't do crits and does more damage while there, as most things at Flagstone are immune to crits. ;)

Be sure to always check the mobs in the area you are fighting in to see if they are immune to criticals or not, by clicking their portrait to the upper left on your screen. :)
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Welcome to the forums, Blitz! :D

I would also suggest grinding Flagstone to get some levels and it's also a good place for gold. You will probably want to switch weapons to something that doesn't do crits and does more damage while there, as most things at Flagstone are immune to crits. ;)

Be sure to always check the mobs in the area you are fighting in to see if they are immune to criticals or not, by clicking their portrait to the upper left on your screen. :)
I agree with Dark, use Flagstone's Pride
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Nephlim

Post by Nephlim »

If you can't grind that area, grind the snake cave near the beginning ( and kill them all! until you have to go back. and vendor ALL of the meat. then buy damage rings etc. when you can do 12-13 damage per hit by the rings you collect, then you should be able to go through the game much easier. that's what i did when i originally began the game.. grinded meat because they sold very well.
current stats
lvl 25
98life
3 ap cost
135% attack chance
19-24 damage
31 crit hit
2.5 multiplier
19% effective crit
50% block
1 damage resistance
ap 11/11
pm me for more like tips? idk what to go for.. been roaming for weeks/ months
fmort
android_version: 3.0

Post by fmort »

Snake cave is good up to level 20, after that I would hit up the dog cave, which is east of the snake cave, and south along the path. You can maintain down there without having to leave to heal using raw meat, not to mention raw meat sells for lots of gold.
Level: 54, Experience: 2921046, Gold: 161005, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Bases: HP126, Attack chance: 175%, Block chance: 24%,Attack damage: 23, Attack cost: 3, Crit skill/mult(geared): 90/3, DR: 1
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

fmort wrote:Snake cave is good up to level 20, after that I would hit up the dog cave, which is east of the snake cave, and south along the path. You can maintain down there without having to leave to heal using raw meat, not to mention raw meat sells for lots of gold.
Nice suggestion, fmort. :D