v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Change respawn place - how?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Change respawn place - how?

Post by mdmedlin »

Dreia wrote:what if you had a series of mages in various locations that for a price can "bind" your soul to a location, thereafter you will always rez at that spot until it is bound somewhere else. You can put these anywhere, even in the middle of large dungeons if one so desired. And they don't have to cost the same either, so strategically placed bind points could cost more than ones in town etc.

~D
I think someone is having EQ flash backs LOL ;)
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

I can honestly say I never have played EQ... I did try Vanguard for a while which is very EQ like I have been told, however they didn't have a system like this. Actually it was more Age of Conan and their Wayfarer's of Azura that I was kinda thinking of (though those are for teleporting not rezing).

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

Dreia wrote:what if you had a series of mages in various locations that for a price can "bind" your soul to a location, thereafter you will always rez at that spot until it is bound somewhere else. You can put these anywhere, even in the middle of large dungeons if one so desired. And they don't have to cost the same either, so strategically placed bind points could cost more than ones in town etc.

~D

I kinda like this idea.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
EvilLucky

Post by EvilLucky »

I vote for the last Inn you rested at.

I see where Sdevaney is going with his thoughts, camping meaning saved location. But I think we need to be specific and add in resting meaning a bed your character slept in. What beds are currently available? Crossglen, Fairhaven, and the one far out east.

If a choice of respawn locations is possible, then it should either be the last location you bedded down at or your home location. A pop up menue would suffice, "Oh noes, you died. Respawn at Home or at _____ ?"
Level: 29 Running Android 2.2
HP: 45
Unequipped Stats
AP Cost: 3
Atk Chance: 80%
Atk Damage: 7
Block Chance: 42%
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

~D
Just to add something to my idea, you could also script the ones in dungeons to only appear after you've defeated the boss for that particular area. So you defeat the master gargoyle boss and suddenly down at the room entrance a mage pops up. . .I suppose this would probably require coding to allow for altering or placing terrain details on a map but it would be a totally cool idea to work towards :D

Another thought is that some of the mages, particularly in dangerous area's could also sell limited health potions.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0