Question about immunity skills.

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
thk
android_version: 4.0

Question about immunity skills.

Post by thk »

How exactly do the skills Strong Mind, Enduring Body, and Pure Blood work? It says that each level lowers the chance of being afflicted with certain conditions by 10%. Are these 10% subtracted directly from the chance of the source to inflict said condition? If that is true, would this then mean that (for instance) with Pure Blood lvl 4 I would be immune to Bleeding Wound attacks from Strong Izthiel (how do you pronounce that one anyway? :lol: )? Or even better, would Enduring Body lvl 2 allow me to use Shadowfang without having to worry about Minor Fatigue?
I really hope so, because I intend to use these skills intensively :mrgreen:
Level: 30, XP: 514147, Gold: 23814
HP: 67(60), AC: 177(110)%, AD: 21-28(20), CC: 16%, CM: 3.0, BC: 51(0)%, DR: 1(0)
Combat Speed: 2
Increased Fortitude: 2
Regeneration: 2
Pure Blood: 1
Dark blessing of the Shadow: 1
duallifes

Re: Question about immunity skills.

Post by duallifes »

thk wrote:How exactly do the skills Strong Mind, Enduring Body, and Pure Blood work? It says that each level lowers the chance of being afflicted with certain conditions by 10%. Are these 10% subtracted directly from the chance of the source to inflict said condition? If that is true, would this then mean that (for instance) with Pure Blood lvl 4 I would be immune to Bleeding Wound attacks from Strong Izthiel (how do you pronounce that one anyway? :lol: )? Or even better, would Enduring Body lvl 2 allow me to use Shadowfang without having to worry about Minor Fatigue?
I really hope so, because I intend to use these skills intensively :mrgreen:
If I have understood correctly, it reduces the chance You resist the effect, it has no effect on the what propablity monster has.
In example, if monster has 100% chance to induce condition on you on every hit, with 1 lvl of that skill effecting the resistance, you have 10% chance of resisting the effect.
so, monster still has 100% chance to inflict it on you, but you have 10% chance to resist it.
If monster has 50% chance to inflict the effect, you still only have 10% chance to resist it, everytime the condition is afflicted on you.

Concerning Shadowfang, If I remember the weapon right, it has chance to inflict the effect on monster, not you.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
thk

Post by thk »

duallifes wrote: Concerning Shadowfang, If I remember the weapon right, it has chance to inflict the effect on monster, not you.
In the description it says:
"When hitting target
On source
20% chance of Minor fatigue (3 rounds)"

I just tried it -- it's me who is getting the effect, not my enemy.
HP: 67(60), AC: 177(110)%, AD: 21-28(20), CC: 16%, CM: 3.0, BC: 51(0)%, DR: 1(0)
thk

Post by thk »

duallifes wrote:If I have understood correctly, it reduces the chance You resist the effect, it has no effect on the what propablity monster has.
In example, if monster has 100% chance to induce condition on you on every hit, with 1 lvl of that skill effecting the resistance, you have 10% chance of resisting the effect.
so, monster still has 100% chance to inflict it on you, but you have 10% chance to resist it.
If monster has 50% chance to inflict the effect, you still only have 10% chance to resist it, everytime the condition is afflicted on you.
Ok, so that would mean that, on average, the chance of the monster to inflict the effect on me would be decreased by the percentage that my skill gives, right? Meaning I have skill level 2 -> 20% resistance, so the amounts of monster hits that give me an effect are (on average) only 80% of what it says, i.e. Monster 50%, me 20% => effective monster 50%*(1-0.2)=40%.
duallifes

Post by duallifes »

thk wrote:
duallifes wrote: Concerning Shadowfang, If I remember the weapon right, it has chance to inflict the effect on monster, not you.
In the description it says:
"When hitting target
On source
20% chance of Minor fatigue (3 rounds)"

I just tried it -- it's me who is getting the effect, not my enemy.
Then you have 10% chance to resist the effect/skill lvl (ie skill lvl 7, 70% chance to resist)
Ok, so that would mean that, on average, the chance of the monster to inflict the effect on me would be decreased by the percentage that my skill gives, right? Meaning I have skill level 2 -> 20% resistance, so the amounts of monster hits that give me an effect are (on average) only 80% of what it says, i.e. Monster 50%, me 20% => effective monster 50%*(1-0.2)=40%.
Thats exactly right.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I have used a few of these skills and wouldn't recommend doing the same.
increase your BC instead. BC helps all attacks, not just actor conditions.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
thk

Post by thk »

Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

tek wrote:I have used a few of these skills and wouldn't recommend doing the same.
Then again, with the new conditions, I see Rejunivation as a pretty useful skill, and it requires 3 of each.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Darkwolf wrote:
tek wrote:I have used a few of these skills and wouldn't recommend doing the same.
Then again, with the new conditions, I see Rejunivation as a pretty useful skill, and it requires 3 of each.
Yah, I was excited about Rejuvenation skill at first, but after a few minutes of thinking about I thought it still wasn't worth dumping 2 more skill-ups in blood and 1 more skill-up in physical.
Last edited by Antison on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i really was pushing for 2 levels in each resistance (for the prerequisites)
not 3, and then the percentage dropped from 25% to 20% (ouch)

maybe we can still convince him to change this?
if not both, then at least one?
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]