Bug when fighting multiple enemies

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
duallifes
android_version: 4.0

Re: Bug when fighting multiple enemies

Post by duallifes »

ScorpionZ wrote:
lady black wrote:What nobody has mentioned is that drinking a potion uses your remaining 5AP, ending your turn and setting your AP back to your max. The monster should then get its turn, which I believe should not start until you are out of your inventory. The combat log in the top center should tell you what has happened during the last three attacks, yours or its. (Please do not use "rounds" for combat "turns"; in AT a round is a period of 6 seconds, and the timer does not even run during combat.)
This is not true.

If you use all of your AP on a potion or a weapon change, your AP goes to "0". You then have to "end turn" so that combat can continue.

If after you drink a potion or change something, and you 1 or 2 AP left, you may have to do the same.

The only time that your turn automatically ends is if you strike and all of your AP is used up. At that point the monster can strike the number of times based on its AP value.
Actually that is only partially true; if you eat food/drink potions in inventory so that your ap goes to 0, it automatically changes turn. This doesnt happen if you use quick slots.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

nyktos wrote:exactly, and by the next update... (combat overhaul)
Actor Conditions like Poison and Regeneration will take effect every turn, and every round...
so there will be no need to differentiate between the two.

I can't wait for that. It'll be awesome! :twisted:
Bard
android_version: 4.0

Post by Bard »

So just say it is a bug, because the mob attack should begin AFTER leaving the inventory screen.
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

duallifes wrote:
ScorpionZ wrote:
lady black wrote:What nobody has mentioned is that drinking a potion uses your remaining 5AP, ending your turn and setting your AP back to your max. The monster should then get its turn, which I believe should not start until you are out of your inventory. The combat log in the top center should tell you what has happened during the last three attacks, yours or its. (Please do not use "rounds" for combat "turns"; in AT a round is a period of 6 seconds, and the timer does not even run during combat.)
This is not true.

If you use all of your AP on a potion or a weapon change, your AP goes to "0". You then have to "end turn" so that combat can continue.

If after you drink a potion or change something, and you 1 or 2 AP left, you may have to do the same.

The only time that your turn automatically ends is if you strike and all of your AP is used up. At that point the monster can strike the number of times based on its AP value.
Actually that is only partially true; if you eat food/drink potions in inventory so that your ap goes to 0, it automatically changes turn. This doesnt happen if you use quick slots.
Gotcha. I almost always use the quick slot and that would be why I never see this.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

Hi, First off I'd like to welcome myself to the forum. Jk :D Thanks to everyone who made this game awesome. Thanks to developers for great game! Its cool how the forum is active and everyone's voice can be heard. I've been reading it for a while just never registered. Pyrizzle and Nyktos ya'll do a great job.
>On the topic of this bug, I've had the same thing. This bug is awesome. It'll make everything much easier. All one has to do is enter inventory at 5ap eat something, then come back out and you can keep wacking the monster in this manner till he dies, without even being hit once yourself.
>Also, occasionally when I was using this bug to my advantage the rest of the monsters on the map would disappear. :shock: Not sure why this happens.
>One more bug: I'm having a converstation with a character and When I switch my Phone from horizontal to vertical view the conversation repeats, duplicates itself, so the character says the same thing twice in a row.
For ex. Mikhail: I can't seem to find your brother Andor anywhere...
Mikhail: I can't seem to find your brother Andor anywhere...
>Also the cook in the thieves guild gave me two sleepy meads.
I use Android 2.3
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Welcom on the forums Elyon and please enter in thee deep mansion of ripley's.. Ahh, sorry.. I mean the World of AT ;)

Enjoy the hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

so, is this really happening?
i haven't tested it...

free healing if you use a potion in the stat screen,
and at the perfect moment in combat???

:shock:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Welcome to the forums, Elyon! :D

What version of AT are ya using? I thought that the conversation duplication bug had been taken care of.
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

Let the bug drop party begin!!Ok, Sorry first time i didnt give enough clarification.
So the bug happens ONLY if I go into my inventory with 5AP left. It doesnt work for me if I have 8AP left or any other amount, only 5AP. So I hit the monster till I have 5AP left, go into my inventory, eat a meat(but just 1 so as i use 5AP), then i come out of inventory and I have a brand new set of AP without getting hit by monster. So then i can continue in this process till i kill the monster. Hit 5ap, go eat, come out and i have 10 or 11 AP, whatever my top amount of AP was at the time.
>also, occasionally all the monsters on my current map dissappear when i use this bug
>i downloaded the latest version 0.6.11 and then it started happening before that it didnt exist.
>also the conversation duplication happens when i turn the screen off or if it turns off itself. In other words, whenever I turn it off while playing, then i turn it back on and the conversation is duplicated
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Elyon wrote:Hi, First off I'd like to welcome myself to the forum. Jk Thanks to everyone who made this game awesome. Thanks to developers for great game! Its cool how the forum is active and everyone's voice can be heard. I've been reading it for a while just never registered. Pyrizzle and Nyktos ya'll do a great job.
Thank you for the kind words! We are glad to have you here with us! :mrgreen:

That is one heck of a strange bug.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------