Bug when fighting multiple enemies

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Bug when fighting multiple enemies

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Elyon wrote:Hi, First off I'd like to welcome myself to the forum. Jk Thanks to everyone who made this game awesome. Thanks to developers for great game! Its cool how the forum is active and everyone's voice can be heard. I've been reading it for a while just never registered. Pyrizzle and Nyktos ya'll do a great job.
Thank you for the kind words! We are glad to have you here with us! :mrgreen:

That is one heck of a strange bug.
Yeah, I can't seem to duplicate it, myself. Makes me wonder if it was a minor corruption of the game when he updated.
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Yeah, I can't seem to duplicate it, myself. Makes me wonder if it was a minor corruption of the game when he updated.
Well concerning the bug of endless AP, I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled and now the endless AP, by consuming potions bug, only occurs during and after the second round of a fight. I don't know, maybe its just my phone. I was thinking, maybe its because i have a 2.3 android but then I read somewhere that this game is supposed to work for even older versions.

On a different note, I mentioned the conversation duplication bug in my earlier post and recently i happened to come across this: When I was completing the rat infestation quest, i turned off my screen when Odair gave me 20 gold. Then when i turned on my screen, his text was duplicated and again it said that he gave me 20 gold. I continued doing that and managed to collect a nice sum of money, lol. :D I haven't tried it in a quest like the Night Visit, where the guy gives you 200 gold as a reward.
This bug can be a real game changer for beginners.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Drizzt wrote:Hi and thanx for a truly magnificent game. I think I have stumbeled upon a little bug in the AP allocation when fighting multiple enemies. If I kill an enemy and still have 5 AP left, then access the inventory, drink a potion, and then exit, I am back to full AP again (although I might only be back to 10, not the 11 that my lvl 1 CS would give me at max..I currently have a niggling little problem called rotworm to deal with and therefore cannot check this thoroughly ;) ) and can still get in three strikes at the second enemy. Nice little bug, though, as it is of great advantage to quaff a health potion and get back to business again stronger than ever and gain APs in the process:)
Excellent find, Drizzt. I love your nickname btw.

I can confirm that this is a bug in v0.6.11. I registered an issue about this:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=314

Good news is that I already have a code fix for it, and that it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for finding it, and for taking the time to post about it!
/Oskar
tallon
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by tallon »

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but along similar lines, I am able to hit a monster, change weapons and have all of my AP back. So I am able to hit a monster and as long as I am able to switch my weapon I have all of my AP back. Kind of a nice bug if I don't want to get hit by what ever I am fighting. I am on Android 2.3.6.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

tallon wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but along similar lines, I am able to hit a monster, change weapons and have all of my AP back. So I am able to hit a monster and as long as I am able to switch my weapon I have all of my AP back. Kind of a nice bug if I don't want to get hit by what ever I am fighting. I am on Android 2.3.6.
this bug is not exclusive to changing equipment. It also occurs when using potions or food. I believe this bug has been resolved in the next version (0.7.0)
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

tek wrote:
tallon wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but along similar lines, I am able to hit a monster, change weapons and have all of my AP back. So I am able to hit a monster and as long as I am able to switch my weapon I have all of my AP back. Kind of a nice bug if I don't want to get hit by what ever I am fighting. I am on Android 2.3.6.
this bug is not exclusive to changing equipment. It also occurs when using potions or food. I believe this bug has been resolved in the next version (0.7.0)
Correct this is a bug and it has been fixed in the current internal development build and will be fixed in the next update to the app store.
stix
android_version: 2.2

Post by stix »

i have found that it you attack, then drink potion, and if you have 1 or 2 ap left you can rotate the screen (switching it from length to with view (android phone)) then you get your AP back to full. this can be stacked by;
hit
eat meat
rotate
hit
eat meat
rotate
etc.....

i've done it with 6 extra attacks
Antison

Post by Antison »

stix wrote:i have found that it you attack, then drink potion, and if you have 1 or 2 ap left you can rotate the screen (switching it from length to with view (android phone)) then you get your AP back to full. this can be stacked by;
hit
eat meat
rotate
hit
eat meat
rotate
etc.....

This has been addressed in version 0.6.12a. This version is in alpha status right now which means it's in the testing phase. Will be available in Google play soon.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Post by Kruncha »

stix wrote:i have found that it you attack, then drink potion, and if you have 1 or 2 ap left you can rotate the screen (switching it from length to with view (android phone)) then you get your AP back to full. this can be stacked by;
hit
eat meat
rotate
hit
eat meat
rotate
etc.....

Hey stix, welcome to the forum :D

Nice find, I wish i'd known about that a long time ago :lol:

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?