v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Lost on where to go

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
AndorOz
android_version: 2.2

Lost on where to go

Post by AndorOz »

Hi folks.

Well, the title says it all. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I cannot figure out how to go anywhere. My 14th level guy has killed the demon in the prison for the guard, cleared out Vilengard's problems, but I can't find any higher level challenges. The roads end for me to the east after the guy who sells really crummy stuff and the road north stops at the tavern of drunk guards. Where should I be going (was guessing Loneford, but the road does not let me go)? Even a list of "these towns, generally in this order" would be useful...although something telling me specifically which next would be super great =)

Also, considering there is a vendor who sells nothing but cursed stuff, is it worth using? I looted a jinxed ring which seems to sell for a lot, but not sure if should sell it or not (DR, -9%/1).

Oh, one other question, since I couldn't find a clear answer in all the threads - is the hardened leather shirt my last armor ever? The DR is so hard to give up, and I haven't found another item with it since...
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Lost on where to go

Post by Sarumar »

AndorOz wrote:Hi folks.

Well, the title says it all. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I cannot figure out how to go anywhere. My 14th level guy has killed the demon in the prison for the guard, cleared out Vilengard's problems, but I can't find any higher level challenges. The roads end for me to the east after the guy who sells really crummy stuff and the road north stops at the tavern of drunk guards. Where should I be going (was guessing Loneford, but the road does not let me go)? Even a list of "these towns, generally in this order" would be useful...although something telling me specifically which next would be super great =)

Also, considering there is a vendor who sells nothing but cursed stuff, is it worth using? I looted a jinxed ring which seems to sell for a lot, but not sure if should sell it or not (DR, -9%/1).

Oh, one other question, since I couldn't find a clear answer in all the threads - is the hardened leather shirt my last armor ever? The DR is so hard to give up, and I haven't found another item with it since...

There are some tips to you. You will find lot of new items in future.

Have you foud the gargoile cave ?
Near of the end of east road ,prox 2 Sreen to west from the house where are sold "crummy sruff" you can find path to the cave betveen some trees abn buches)
There are area called in Black Water mountain
Travel west and north starting from guards in entrance of "demon cave". Be carefull, there are some nasty monsters here.
And after those challenges.
go north. Start in you home willage, go one screen to east and then north. There you can found lots of more and intresting things
happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Welcome to the forums, Oz! :D

Great post, Sarumar. That should really help him on his way. :)
AndorOz

Post by AndorOz »

Thanks for the tips. Marched through the gargoyle cave, and picked up a new piece of gear. The penalty on it was disappointing (I see elsewhere people have mentioned this as well, considering it's a boss drop), but with the huge pile of cash I've been sitting on I picked up the Jewel and it mitigated it enough to continue to allow me my 2 hits/round speed with Flagstone's pride. Still feel like I'm getting hit far too much with a 38% dodge rate, so will work on that in level ups, I guess.

Is there any use for the negatively statted stuff, like that one guy sells? I also have a jinxed ring, and it seems worthless to wear (but sells for a mint)...not sure if I'm missing something, like perhaps a way to de-jinx it?

I couldn't find the second place you mentioned, but I also have not found any demons...I will try to find that.

Lastly, I had to pay a guard 800 of my hard earned gold to pass him and I've found someone named "Keknazar". According to the bestiary here, he's for a quest. Where does this quest come from? I saved before killing him, and noticed he didn't repop, so I've rolled back to my save to prevent me getting stuck.

Thanks again for the help. This game is really great - exactly the kind of game I was looking for. The authors really did a bangup job.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

AndorOz wrote:Lastly, I had to pay a guard 800 of my hard earned gold to pass him and I've found someone named "Keknazar". According to the bestiary here, he's for a quest. Where does this quest come from? I saved before killing him, and noticed he didn't repop, so I've rolled back to my save to prevent me getting stuck.
as far as i know there is no quest connected to this guy.
You are talking about the Cthulhu like creature in the basement of the crossroads guard house?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AndorOz

Post by AndorOz »

That'd be him.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

AndorOz wrote:Thanks for the tips. Marched through the gargoyle cave, and picked up a new piece of gear. The penalty on it was disappointing (I see elsewhere people have mentioned this as well, considering it's a boss drop), but with the huge pile of cash I've been sitting on I picked up the Jewel and it mitigated it enough to continue to allow me my 2 hits/round speed with Flagstone's pride. Still feel like I'm getting hit far too much with a 38% dodge rate, so will work on that in level ups, I guess.

Is there any use for the negatively statted stuff, like that one guy sells? I also have a jinxed ring, and it seems worthless to wear (but sells for a mint)...not sure if I'm missing something, like perhaps a way to de-jinx it?

I couldn't find the second place you mentioned, but I also have not found any demons...I will try to find that.

Lastly, I had to pay a guard 800 of my hard earned gold to pass him and I've found someone named "Keknazar". According to the bestiary here, he's for a quest. Where does this quest come from? I saved before killing him, and noticed he didn't repop, so I've rolled back to my save to prevent me getting stuck.

Thanks again for the help. This game is really great - exactly the kind of game I was looking for. The authors really did a bangup job.

Hmm, here are the path to the Blackwater mountain. Start in your hone town and go
4 screen to south, 5 screen to west and then continue forvard...

Currently there are no way to remove nagative efeckt of thosekind items. Just dont use it if you dont like them.
happy hunting
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Reineckefox
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Reineckefox »

Hoi Folks,

I also explored the crossroad house's basement, bribed the guard for hillarious 800G and found Keknazar. Though he is pretty easy he dropped only crab items from my POV :/ so i reloaded and saved my hard grinded money :) but here is my question:

Is there a chance that this guy willl be part of a quest? I don't plan to kill him now because I hate to get stucked or kinda in future quests :D

BTW this game is amazing and keeps me stick on it for hours ^^

peace Reinecke
Lvl: 35, XP: 807711, Gold: 22516,
HP: 71, AP: 12, AC: 201%, Dmg: 33-37, CC: 22%, BC: 45%, DR: 1
Active Effects: Shadow Regeneration
Perks: Combat Speed: 2, Increased Fortitude: 1, Magic Finder: 5, Shadow Blessing 1,
Special Items: RoLS: 1, ChaR: 1,
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Reineckefox wrote:Hoi Folks,
I also explored the crossroad house's basement, bribed the guard for hillarious 800G and found Keknazar. Though he is pretty easy he dropped only crab items from my POV :/ so i reloaded and saved my hard grinded money :) but here is my question:
Is there a chance that this guy willl be part of a quest? I don't plan to kill him now because I hate to get stucked or kinda in future quests :D
BTW this game is amazing and keeps me stick on it for hours ^^

peace Reinecke
Welcom to the forums,

Yes there are a chance ;) nobody knows for sure, because this game is still in progress (beta and not completed). IMO killing something will not get you stuck.

Happy hunting
Sarumar

Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I use the jinxed ring in my rhino build, exemplary damage, great DR, and negative block chance and less than 100 attack chance. Doesn't matter though, if you've got enough DR to keep yourself away from damage and enough damage to one-hit all the monsters, even without criticals.
Hey guys, I'm back.