v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

How to save?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Lavic
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

How to save?

Post by Lavic »

I've been reading for a while and getting a better understanding of some aspects of the game. It is to my understanding that the game autosaves after every round that there is no movement or something to that degree. Which makes sense in my looseness with my phone and not caring when I shut the game off or if I get distracted. The problem is, I don't know if there is an actual 'save' option that will create a file that I can load without creating a new character.

If you create a new character without actually manually saving, does it then create the file and put it into the load screen. Then by clicking on 'Continue current game' you will continue your new character until you click the load screen and load your old character..? Am I correct in all this, if not please correct me before I go deleting my only character that I've spent many a hour playing.

Thanks,
-JP :ugeek:
Nyk
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Re: How to save?

Post by Nyk »

In order to actually save you press the menu button on your phone then click save.
Walk with the shadow child.

Nyk
Lvl. 20
Equipped Stats: HP: 74, AP: 0/10, AC:173%
AD: 18-21, CHS: -15, CM: 0.0, BC: 35%, DR: 1

XP:195,641
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

The game auto-saves if you exit the game: or exit to the main menu. You may load that game by choosing the "Continue Current Game" button in the main menu.

The game saves to a save "slot" if you choose to save through the menu icon on your phone. Through this menu you can "Exit to Main Menu", "Save Game" or choose "Settings". Saving from this menu allows you to choose different save slots to save to and load from later. ;)

From what you have said, you would be smart saving your game through your phone's menu button to one of the save slots before creating a new character (which you would save to a different save slot).
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I allways save my files in at least 2 slots to that way i have a backup just in case one goes bad or i need to go back in the storyline a bit. :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

I tend to use at least 5 save slots per character if not more but then again I'm used to games like Gothic where you wanted those long save points to go back to either for replay value or just because you realized you made a decision that later on down the road you decided should've been made differently.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Pyrizzle wrote:I allways save my files in at least 2 slots to that way i have a backup just in case one goes bad or i need to go back in the storyline a bit. :mrgreen:
I do the same! 2 save slots for each game, and I usually e-mail myself my game save any time I level up, or get a rare item, and even started using drop box now that I'm signed up. I also usually do a weekly copy over to my laptop, but keep the old ones (also in case I need to go back a little).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkwolf »

I'm actually looking for a way to delete some save slots.

I accidentally clicked the "new slot" button a few times when saving...
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Darkwolf wrote:I'm actually looking for a way to delete some save slots.

Delete the extra save files from your sd card.
Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkwolf »

sdevaney wrote:
Darkwolf wrote:I'm actually looking for a way to delete some save slots.

Delete the extra save files from your sd card.
My android Os fu is weak. That and I'm spoiled from years of games that have that as an option.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Download a file manager app and you can delete saved games off your SD card from there. It would also be useful for backing up your save games, just create another folder and copy your saved games to there. ;)