v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Ideas for The Next Meeting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Xero
android_version: 2.2

Re: Ideas for The Next Meeting

Post by Xero »

Thystonius wrote:
Xero wrote:Once again I really feel like thystonius nailed it
I am in complete agreement.
the mastery system is a great idea and would help balance the game. The reason he comes back to net hack is because net hack was a great game though limited on graphics.
Net hack appealed to so many players because of the intricacy and options for multiple play styles.
The replay factor for this game was among the best.
I also like the idea of the pet. The pet appeals to another play style.
+1
NetHack has a mod available since ages with graphic tiles very much resembling AT. I didn't play it much in ASCII.

Well it seems I agree a lot with you too, but not many people do. Will log in from time to time and maybe in a year or two will have all L/E items, but loosing interest fast. I need to download NH and some other nice games and stop wasting time.
net hack has a graphics patch? I missed the memo on that.. I played in the old school days. Apparently it's time to go check this out. Thanks for the tip

On another note, do not give up please. Persistence beats resistance. As suramar once said, good ideas need to be suggested over and over. It's good that I can finally relate to someone and who understands and can see what I do. This game needs more people like us. I almost have up because of all the discouraging posts. It's hard to stay motivated when it feels like the mob is against you all the time. If you remain persistent, eventually, the truth will be revealed. what motivates us is the need to improve and make the game more enjoyable for all. With this in mind it would be selfish to quit and not provide our unique perspectives. Analytical introverts are a rare personality type. You must stay active thystonius.
Sincerely,
X
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Look guys, a lot of ideas won't fit with the dev plan. Just keep them coming, trust me, my list of ideas is incredibly long. A lot of my ideas were shot down, ignored, disapproved, but thats the thing. This is a community effort hher, the best way to get the community disscussing ypur idea. When you post your idea ask what others think could make the idea better. I have noticed the best additions to game come from one idea the community expanded upon. If someone has a say in the idea, it will make them more willing to give your idea a +1. Just remember to play nice, and criticism is only welcome if it constructive.

But were off topic here, whos got a good idea for the next meeting?

but
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Trotsky
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Trotsky »

Ok, firstly the combat overhaul sounds pretty cool, especially with a weapon mastery skill which would help folks relate to their characters better and to feel like it was theirs rather than anothrr character,

however, i apologise if this seems premature on here but i genuinly belive there is definatly good cause for a debate on character skins, not totally customisable but just a handfull of pre defined options which could be bought or quest rewards, i dunno its not my place to dictate but i think a discusion may be worthwhile
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

A playable pet!
Now that's a nice idea - never played a game with a useful helping companion before (I don't count BG2, the stupid familiar was in my backpack the whole game).

This could lead to new tactical options (scouting ahead unseen, or deliberately luring mobs back to you one at a time, charming uncooperative merchants, ...)
I like it! +1!
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Mad P, I have no idea how, but until reading your post I hadn't considerd the familar idea from the angle of the new "smart AI". This seems absolutely genuis to me now. Definitely a fan of the familar idea.

I can see it now. My mongoose would shred any snake in my path.

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

PK17 wrote:Look guys, a lot of ideas won't fit with the dev plan. Just keep them coming, trust me, my list of ideas is incredibly long. A lot of my ideas were shot down, ignored, disapproved, but thats the thing. This is a community effort hher, the best way to get the community disscussing ypur idea. When you post your idea ask what others think could make the idea better. I have noticed the best additions to game come from one idea the community expanded upon. If someone has a say in the idea, it will make them more willing to give your idea a +1. Just remember to play nice, and criticism is only welcome if it constructive.

But were off topic here, whos got a good idea for the next meeting?

but
Well said! +1

Yes, let's try to stay on topic here:

Ideas for the next meeting:

Please keep em coming guys n gals!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

+1 thystonius for the weapon/damage revamp idea.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Thanks guys, I was being a hothead. Happens sometimes... I'm still playing from time to time and got level 47. At 2214 rocks now, no second RoLS yet.

On topic, cool that the concept is supported and will be worked out in the future. I understand for now broader weapon damage range is used. Still, that requires a larger and larger damage range in more and more areas... you can still easily grind to Godmode and strategy stays very basic (close to nonexistent).

Yes, intelligent pets, not just an annoying avatar that you stack in your backpack :-)
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
PK17

Post by PK17 »

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this before but...

I think it would be cool if there were a volcanoe, already have some red tiles, and lava could just be represented as red water.

On that note, what is MT. Galmore going to be like?