v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Fleeing from fight - v0.6.11a1/b1

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Fleeing from fight - v0.6.11a1/b1

Post by Antison »

Code: Select all

X=Hero
N=NPC 

Step 1 : Fight is occurring

| | | |N| | | |N|
++++++++++++++
  | | | | |X| | | |
++++++++++++++
  | | | | | | | | |

Step 2: Hero successfully flees one tile to his right

| | | |N| | | |N|
++++++++++++++
  | | | | | |X| | |
++++++++++++++
  | | | | | | | | |

Step 3: Hero moves one tile to his right and encounters another NPC

| | | |N| | | |N|
++++++++++++++
  | | | | | |X| |
++++++++++++++
  | | | | | | | | |

Now the hero is "sucked" back into the fight every time as the NPC initiates the battle 100% of the time which I feel is a bug, but the worst bug isn't this one.  What's worst
is the hero's AP is not back to full strength. I am not sure if these bugs were introduced in 0.6.11a1/b1 or in 0.6.10 as my hero has not been weak enough to justify fleeing sense before 0.6.10 was released.  Now that I started a new character and went into the spider cave, I find myself encountering this bug consistently.

"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Fleeing from fight - v0.6.11a1/b1

Post by nyktos »

combat never ends unless you are completely alone, not touching any enemies at all.
your AP stays low, because you are moving from one enemy to another without a chance to initiate a new battle...

(turn on confirm attack & see what happens)

you never get a chance to confirm the attack, because you are still in battle.
just like switching targets...

unless i am misunderstanding - that is a pretty rough ascii map.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
pelligrini

Post by pelligrini »

I believe Tek is saying that he was alone, not touching an NPC in step 2. He had moved a tile fleeing from NPC1 and had not yet reached a tile adjacent to NPC2.
Lvl: 95, XP: 15472157, Gold: 741302, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1 , RoL 1, ChaR 4, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 2, VSH 1
HP: 136, AC: 278%, AD: 42-46, AP: 3, CS: 76 CM: 5.25, CC:33%, BC: 130%, DR: 1, UPD: 2012/7/18
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

that would be a problem

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

If there is indeed a space between both monsters like this:

Code: Select all

Fighting
| | |N| | | |N| | |
| | | |X| | | | | |

Flee one step to the right
| | |N| | | |N| | |
| | | | |X| | | | |

Move one step to the right and combat initiates without full AP
| | |N| | | |N| | |
| | | | | |X| | | |
Then that would be a bug because the middle step would've been out of combat and thus should've replenished his AP. If, however, he fled the one monster into a square that was adjacent to another monster and combat started immediately then his AP should still be whatever it was when he fled the first monster.

At least as far as I can tell... I could be wrong :P
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Let's give tek a little credit here! He is a very experienced player and can certainly tell whether he is out of range of a monster or not. Although his diagram 3 appears to have lost a space on the left end and does not show his second step to the right, diagram 2 clearly shows that he is out of range of both monsters. At that point, his AP should be back to full value. When he moves into range of NPC2, he should get the first turn because he is the one who is moving (attacking).
I have also not fled from a fight in a long time, but will test this out in v0.6.10, which I have not yet abandoned for the new version testing, and get back to you.
After testing, I can state that I could not make this happen in the older version. It was hard to get that exact configuration, but I tested that and several other set-ups where a flee plus a move brought me to a second monster where I always had 12 AP and got the attack confirmation box. Does this only happen with the spiders, tek? Or does it happen everywhere in v0.6.11?
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

pelligrini wrote:I believe Tek is saying that he was alone, not touching an NPC in step 2. He had moved a tile fleeing from NPC1 and had not yet reached a tile adjacent to NPC2.
that is exactly what I am saying. :D. I am interested in hearing if others can reproduce this.
:D sorry about the condition on the diagram, it looked much better in Notepad.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Hmmmm that does sound like a bug.

It is possible to stay in combat for a long time if your move around your current target and move into range of a second target, then 3rd, then 4th... lol That's when the Minor Rage comes in handy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mattbernius

Post by mattbernius »

I can shed a bit of light on this as it happened to me last night.

On the way to the Lich, there are a number of times when you can end up trapped in a four square block between two mobs, one in square 1 and one in square 4. If you engage one in battle and then flee, you end up trapped in what appears to be a "flee" loop.

Apparently when you are in the "Flee" state, you can't reinitiate attack by clicking on a mob/the square a mob is on (as you do normally). However, you can restart an attack by pressing the "Attack" button in the upper left hand corner. If you don't press that button, you're doom to keep fleeing between squares 2 and 3 eternally (or until you are smote).

I suspect that most players never use the "attack" button, and simply click the screen to initiate the next attack (I know I do).

-- ps. With the Lich quest, and the followup to get rid of the rot worm, it would be really nice if there were some more potions readily available to help with the various new states. Granted, I may have mispent a little on my skill points, but at the same time, I kinda feel like my current build (level to in his mid 30's) shouldn't be having this many problems. :(

---------------------

Oops... I realize that my case is a little different than what was described above. Still it's worth considering a fix...
Last edited by nyktos on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined posts
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

keep in mind, you can long press an enemy to change targets...
(notice the red highlight)

and also long press an empty tile to flee
(notice the white/yellow highlight)

:D

just throwing this out there,
cause im thinking that some players aren't aware of it.

best of luck all & good day!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"