Balancing leveling statictic bonuses (AD, HP, AC, BC)

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Balancing leveling statictic bonuses (AD, HP, AC, BC)

Post by Sarumar »

IMO after skills (fortitude, regeneration, corpse eater) this choise of +5HP when leveling is too low. I suggest to raise it a bit, perhaps something like 7 or 8?

Any opinion ? for balancing hp or any other raisable stats ?
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Balancing leveling statictic bonuses (AD, HP, AC, BC)

Post by lady black »

I do not think that 5HP is too low, because once you have Increased Fortitude you never need to take it, anyway. I think the +1 for attack damage is too low, and have felt that way from my first level up over a year ago. If Oskar carries out his threat to make our minimum AD 0, thereby cutting our average damage in half and making it totally undependable, the AD would have to go to at least +2, preferably +3 or +4. In fact, I might quit playing AT, although I have considered myself pretty much addicted from the time I started playing. If you can end up getting killed by an ant at level 100+ because your damage came out 0 a bunch of times, where's the fun? Ok, an ant is an exaggeration, but by a wolf, perhaps. There would be no point to getting stronger, because you would be weaker than a current level 1 at totally unpredictable moments, no matter how high you raised your max AD. You could never face more than one opponent with any confidence, because a few weak hits would leave you taking full hits from all of them, not having managed to kill even one, and with equal likelihood of failing again in your next turn, should you survive to get your next turn!
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I'm also concerned about the possibility of the AD level ups only affecting the max, and not the min, for the same reasons.

But one bright note is that the current wording for the Hard Hit skill is that it raises your minimum and maximum AD by 1. So if the AD system is going to change, there would still be a way to increase your minimum AD, but if that's the only way then I think the skills should be changed to something like this:
"Increases Max AD by +1, and increases Min. AD by +5" or "and increases Min. AD by 20% of current Max".
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

lady black wrote: If Oskar carries out his threat to make our minimum AD 0, thereby cutting our average damage in half and making it totally undependable,
the AD would have to go to at least +2, preferably +3 or +4.
just as a quick response, to hopefully put minds at ease...
i will be editing this very soon with references to where i get this info
balance is everything in RPG's - you are only considering one half of what's being planned...
the post about the most recent development meeting said there were to be "changes in the way battles work"

________________________________________________________________________________

real quick synopsis: different actions might be put into battle, for differering effects...

defensive fighting & aggressive fighting
(this would make your stats AC, BC & AD "shift from your base stats" up or down)

[or]

quick attack - less accurate, more attacks per round & heavy strike - more accurate, fewer attacks per round

________________________________________________________________________________

since oskar wanted us to come up with varying ideas, i just saw what was already there and brianstormed a bit...
im sure the numbers, and difficulty will be "balanced out"... eventually.
remember, the game is in development & combat seems to be in its infancy (or at least has room to grow).

maybe this will be discussed in the next few meetings ?

:D

FYI: some of this is from oskars posts, from the code page, and the meetings too.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

lady black wrote:I do not think that 5HP is too low, because once you have Increased Fortitude you never need to take it, anyway.
That was my point. Increase HP are too weak, perhaps useless.
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
kerasi
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by kerasi »

Sarumar wrote:
lady black wrote:I do not think that 5HP is too low, because once you have Increased Fortitude you never need to take it, anyway.
Isn't it rather Increased Fortitude is too powerful? I've so far got a skill point in it every chance i can it's the only skill that improves by itself. Maybe change it too an increase hp by percentage? Start at 1% and each skill point it goes up another 1%. This could give the option to take it a lot later and get hp increases by level first to get the most benefit from it.
Lvl: 54, XP: 2828096, Gold: 8478, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 149, AC: 210%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2/12, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 31%, DR: 1
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I was under the impression that minimum damage being zero was just another suggestion rather than something that is being implemented. I am currently using the ROL and do 89-100 damage. I concentrated on basic damage because this weapon has no criticals. Cant see why this would need to be changed to 0-100. Damage increase being only +1 per level up if you choose it is quite low anyway.

I think the fundamentals of this game were quite well thought out to now change basic damage seems pointless and will drastically weaken everyones character.

I understand criticals had become too powerful but there is nothing wrong with the current min/max damage.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

kerasi wrote:
Sarumar wrote:
Isn't it rather Increased Fortitude is too powerful? I've so far got a skill point in it every chance i can it's the only skill that improves by itself. Maybe change it too an increase hp by percentage? Start at 1% and each skill point it goes up another 1%. This could give the option to take it a lot later and get hp increases by level first to get the most benefit from it.
Good point but, IMO current system is awesome because it forces you to make choise between HP and other nice skills. But maby there are reason to lowgrading it a bit ? How about; Increase HP gain for level pick to 7 and decrease fortitude skill a litle bit. examble lvl 1 gives 1 point per level, lvl 2 gives +0,75 point per level, lvl 3 gives +0,5 point per level... ?
Sarumar

Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:I was under the impression that minimum damage being zero was just another suggestion rather than something that is being implemented. I am currently using the ROL and do 89-100 damage. I concentrated on basic damage because this weapon has no criticals. Cant see why this would need to be changed to 0-100. Damage increase being only +1 per level up if you choose it is quite low anyway.

I think the fundamentals of this game were quite well thought out to now change basic damage seems pointless and will drastically weaken everyones character.

I understand criticals had become too powerful but there is nothing wrong with the current min/max damage.
Nice to have You back my fried. And I see some progres too ;)
Now is Your time to choose color between RED and GREEN
read more here:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1166#p8001
Sarumar

Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Thank you Sarumar. I've been logging in daily but mostly just to check on the next release which to say I'm very excited about would be a massive understatement.

I agree with you on the HP issue. Having to make hard choices on level up adds hugely to this wonderful game.

Q? How do frog lovers travel from the caves to Loneford without even acidently stepping on the odd frog.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.