v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

POLL: Quick learner (Repost)

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!

How many levels in Quick learner do you have?

1) None.
50%
2) 1
18%
3) 2
9%
4) 3
2%
5) 4, 5, or 6
9%
6) 7, 8, or 9
2%
7) 10, 11, or 12
No votes
8) 13, 14, or 15
No votes
9) 16, 17, or 18
No votes
10) 19, 20, or more
11%

Total votes: 56

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: POLL! Quick Learner Skill

Post by Antison »

Before 0.6.10 was even released, I had a strategy for my skill-ups and QL was right there in the top 2 or 3 skills I wanted to use. I stuck to that strategy pretty well, in fact, I probably stuck to it to well. I have used 6 points in QL, and after thinking about it a lot, what has it gotten me? A few levels up the high score standings, big deal. My overall stats are suffering compared to others in the 4-7 range in the high score standings. But I would not change my decision and I probably wont be using another QL until somewhere around level 116 or 120.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
logopile
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by logopile »

Mino wrote:
logopile wrote:i never use any upgrade in any RPG that just gives me something i'll get eventually anyway.(XP, gold, awesome drops, whatever)
patience is a virtue.
I admire the patience, and I admit to often being impatient. But lets see if you feel the same way if/when you get to level 60 or higher and the level ups take longer. Unless you also don't want to level up too much in case it makes things less challenging. I won't be bored if I become an unstoppable monster killer, so I'm ok with the faster level ups.
i only have time for one build, and you are correct; i don't want him to be too powerful. i'm thinking of gaining one point in each of the resistance skills, (that would puy me at level 52), then chilling out until the next update. maybe having a go at the "level 1 challenge" if it takes a while.
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 122, AC: 177%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3/12, CC: 49%, CM: 3.75, BC: 146%, DR:0
rocks: 1749
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote:Before 0.6.10 was even released, I had a strategy for my skill-ups and QL was right there in the top 2 or 3 skills I wanted to use. I stuck to that strategy pretty well, in fact, I probably stuck to it to well. I have used 6 points in QL, and after thinking about it a lot, what has it gotten me? A few levels up the high score standings, big deal. My overall stats are suffering compared to others in the 4-7 range in the high score standings. But I would not change my decision and I probably wont be using another QL until somewhere around level 116 or 120.
interesting, i like the insight from higher levels... :D
as i often wonder what my level would be if my 1st character got all the attention.
good stuff here guys [post & thread]

and it would be an honor to have you join the ranks logopile!
but i hope a random HUGE update makes me forget the challege too... :lol:
we can dream... *sigh*

oh & i hear ya... i dont wanna be too overpowered either
most of the time anyway. another reason i avoided QL on my main...
if i didnt already say that?
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote:interesting, i like the insight from higher levels.
twice in one day. I agree with Tek on how Quick learner is valuable, expecially later in the game. I would have alot harder time picking up Pyrizzle and grinding with him IF the levels were not coming so quickly again (it might just be the caves). Either way it becomes more useful as time goes by.

Quick learner is important for late in game play just like how Increased Fortitude is important to player early on in the game. It's kind of a ying and yang of effects.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Pyrizzle wrote:
twice in one day. I agree with Tek on how Quick learner is valuable, expecially later in the game. I would have alot harder time picking up Pyrizzle and grinding with him IF the levels were not coming so quickly again (it might just be the caves). Either way it becomes more useful as time goes by.

Quick learner is important for late in game play just like how Increased Fortitude is important to player early on in the game. It's kind of a ying and yang of effects.
Also, if you have Increased Fortitude, then QL allows you to gain HP faster too :D
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Pyrizzle wrote:

QL and Fortitude are amazing skills because they are both gifts that keep giving; I don't think Fortitude is only useful early game. There are others that have lasting effects, but nothing quite like those two. I picked QL because if I ever would have decided to pick it, I would have been pissed I didn't take it first. Basically, until there is an update and a need for Cleave or something, there is no reason not to spend SP on QL...
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:

QL and Fortitude are amazing skills because they are both gifts that keep giving; I don't think Fortitude is only useful early game. There are others that have lasting effects, but nothing quite like those two. I picked QL because if I ever would have decided to pick it, I would have been pissed I didn't take it first. Basically, until there is an update and a need for Cleave or something, there is no reason not to spend SP on QL...
I feel that Cleave also compliments QL to a small degree because you can jump into a med-large mob and take them all out, so that's one way to get a bunch of points faster, and with QL that amount is even more.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Cyracus

Post by Cyracus »

A good point to note is that the extra xp rounds down, at least that's the indication I got from my character I used QL on. Got to about lvl 15 and through to the gargoyle caves. I'm now working on my final character for 6.10.

Also I don't wanna be too overpowered and since my previous character did everything by lvl 32 I plan to get to lvl 40 and wait, maybe make a branch-off save to test my skill plan. :( gave up my rols lol
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Just revised my Poll answer since I recently leveled up and used my 22nd skill point to get level 5 of QL. Haven't really started going back to the heart of the Iqhan caves to see how much faster the grind will get though.

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Cyracus wrote:Also I don't wanna be too overpowered and since my previous character did everything by lvl 32 I plan to get to lvl 40 and wait, maybe make a branch-off save to test my skill plan. :( gave up my rols lol
Oops i guess its too late for me then. hahaha You gave up your RoLS? Did you loose it?
Mino wrote:Just revised my Poll answer since I recently leveled up and used my 22nd skill point to get level 5 of QL. Haven't really started going back to the heart of the Iqhan caves to see how much faster the grind will get though.
Congratulations! 2 more levels until i get my next skill point

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!