v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Throdna's teleporter

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Throdna's teleporter

Post by Tomcat »

On repeat trips to the chamber, sometimes I find myself stuck there for awhile, with both outward teleport spots refusing to do anything but tell me where they should send me. Has anyone noticed what lets you actually leave? Is it just time delay?
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: Throdna's teleporter

Post by phydeaux »

I've not had that problem... The teleporters tell me where they go when I enter the adjacent tile, then close the dialogue box and step onto the transporter to teleport.
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

phydeaux wrote:I've not had that problem... The teleporters tell me where they go when I enter the adjacent tile, then close the dialogue box and step onto the transporter to teleport.
Think I figured it out. Try to step on them from the side, you get the message, as you say. Step on them from in front, they teleport you. It didn't occur to me that the angle of approach would matter, so I didn't notice as I was randomly jumping around on them that this was the key.

Dying to look at how that is coded in the map resource file.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
phydeaux
VIP

Post by phydeaux »

Lol, finally got a lappy, so I'll b pulling the source down as soon as I can get online for an hour or so :)
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

phydeaux wrote:Lol, finally got a lappy, so I'll b pulling the source down as soon as I can get online for an hour or so :)
Got the tmx open in Tiled .. Separate keys for the transporters and for the "signs" just to the inboard side of each. Not sure yet where the code is for they'd behavior is...need to review the map-building tutorial....
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
phydeaux
VIP

Post by phydeaux »

I'm pretty sure it's coded the same way as the map exits... The square the 'porter is on points to the destination location... Also why it only works in one direction, a the destination location doesn't point back
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

phydeaux wrote:I'm pretty sure it's coded the same way as the map exits... The square the 'porter is on points to the destination location... Also why it only works in one direction, a the destination location doesn't point back
You're right about the exits .. I was at first under the mistaken impression that the associated "signs" were keyed on the same spot as the transporters, and that the two different behaviors were due to special coding. But then I realized the signs are adjacent spots, all coded simply.
phydeaux
VIP

Post by phydeaux »

Like I've said before, catching up on the coding as fast as I can so I can start contributing to the game a more than just a forum voice :)
ortage
android_version: 2.2

Post by ortage »

What teleporters are you talking about and where ate they?
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

when you finish the BWM & PRIM dispute - either side will reward you with access to the blocked room near Harlenn in Blackwater
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]