v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

how about a "flaming sword"

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Re: how about a "flaming sword"

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

logopile wrote:but as i level up, and the game grows harder, regular meat will be a lot less helpful, as a drop when you're grinding. i've been cautious of using bone meal potions, stockpiling them, since it seems they might become unavailable, if the game takes a factional turn, and i end up being at odds with the shadow temple folks.
You should sell regular meat and buy Bonemeal. You get a better return of HP/gold PLUS you get more HP/AP in battle. Also, if the game changes significantly in an update, you can still run some errands before you update (provided you don't auto-update, which I strongly recommend against) like buy 8,000 BMPs (like I did before 6.10).
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
logopile

Post by logopile »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
logopile wrote:but as i level up, and the game grows harder, regular meat will be a lot less helpful, as a drop when you're grinding. i've been cautious of using bone meal potions, stockpiling them, since it seems they might become unavailable, if the game takes a factional turn, and i end up being at odds with the shadow temple folks.
You should sell regular meat and buy Bonemeal. You get a better return of HP/gold PLUS you get more HP/AP in battle. Also, if the game changes significantly in an update, you can still run some errands before you update (provided you don't auto-update, which I strongly recommend against) like buy 8,000 BMPs (like I did before 6.10).
i hadn't realized there was an AP upgrade. i've just been hoarding it, buying up whenever i pass through fallhaven (i've been grinding on the mountain for a while).
thanks for the warning against auto-updates. any particular reason you don't recommmend them? this is my first android cel (ver 2.3.4) so i don't know all the ins and outs.
thanks for the advice.
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 122, AC: 177%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3/12, CC: 49%, CM: 3.75, BC: 146%, DR:0
rocks: 1749
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Automatic updates means that when the market shows an update is available, the phone will automatically start to download and install it, instead of waiting for you to see what the changes are or maybe wait until you're on a wifi signal (some of them are big, but not for AT).

Some apps don't allow automatic updates anyway, but you can also uncheck the box for it in the app info. For games where some changes might be things you don't want right away it might be good to see the change log first, and even check the comments (if there's problems with the update, they'll get posted pretty fast).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
logopile

Post by logopile »

so; uncheck "auto-updates", then when an update is issued, wait a day or so and check the feedback and notes, THEN (assuming all is well), go ahead and update.
check, and thank you, folks, for the info.
it will be hard to not download the update for this game, ASAP, when it hits. :x :lol:
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

sync to a PC to backup your save file if youre paranoid about an update

---back on topic---

elements on weapons?
makes me think - mob weakness & counter elements...

too much for AT imho

Great post though!
very well thought out & solid strategy too!

:mrgreen:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
logopile

Post by logopile »

well, nyktos, even a half-serious thought is worth the trouble of reasoning out.
but probably not worth mentioning to ones spouse. 8-)
and from my POV, the use of "elemental" forces, in rpg's is just kind of trite, and played out. it doesn't take a genius to figure out that an ice monster is going to have a weakness to fire, for instance, but i wish i had a dollar for every rpg i've played that seemed to regard this fact as some sort of secret known only to the elect. :roll:
Chest_Rockfield

logopile wrote: i hadn't realized there was an AP upgrade. i've just been hoarding it, buying up whenever i pass through fallhaven (i've been grinding on the mountain for a while).
thanks for the warning against auto-updates. any particular reason you don't recommmend them? this is my first android cel (ver 2.3.4) so i don't know all the ins and outs.
thanks for the advice.
Not an AP "upgrade" per se, but a HP:AP ratio improvement. Everything costs 5 AP to use or equip in battle. Meat only gives you 12 HP (for 2.4 HP/AP), while BMP gives you 40 (for 8HP/AP) more than 3x more efficient.

Yes, I doubt there will be bugs in the release as there are many wonderful people here that do a ton of testing on new versions before it hits the market, but it does allow you an opportunity to take care of any business you may need to. There was talk of raising the price of BMP last time. Though it didn't actually happen, I went and bought over 8k of them just in case.

A flaming sword would be okay to have, but I imagine the stats would only be useful against certain creatures, and only if you're at a low level.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
logopile

Post by logopile »

yeah, i checked on that, and had figured out what you meant. i was pretty excited about the idea (as i had first misunderstood it), since i have gone the route of upgrading my combat speed skill twice, and sticking to low AP daggers, so i get 3 hits (with the attendant critical chance) rather than only getting two swings with a heavier weapon. it made beating black mountain much easier, since the wyrms and trainers take away AP. even if they did, i still got two swings, anyway.
Chest_Rockfield

logopile wrote:yeah, i checked on that, and had figured out what you meant. i was pretty excited about the idea (as i had first misunderstood it), since i have gone the route of upgrading my combat speed skill twice, and sticking to low AP daggers, so i get 3 hits (with the attendant critical chance) rather than only getting two swings with a heavier weapon. it made beating black mountain much easier, since the wyrms and trainers take away AP. even if they did, i still got two swings, anyway.
Tell me you found the Jewel of Fallhaven... If not (it may have moved, but I'm sure someone here who isn't currently drunk can confirm where it currently resides) you need to find it and equip that bad boy. I don't know of any build that doesn't use it. It is BETTER than combat speed.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

:mrgreen: Please get back on topic of the Flaming Sword.

Happy Turkey Day!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------