New Potion - Instant Re-spawn

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

New Potion - Instant Re-spawn

Post by Mino »

I would like to suggest a new potion for "instant re-spawn". This would mainly be used for people trying to get a legendary or extraordinary item who also don't want to wait as much for the creatures that might drop them to re-appear.

I was thinking it could be a new quest, with a few steps.
In the new version, introduce a new hunter NPC, either in one of the existing towns, or a new one. He would mention that he likes to hunt certain creatures (for their meat, or pelts, or claws, etc) but some have become endangered.

He learned of a potion that can "regrow" them in any spot they were killed, and managed to find a potion maker who can make them for you, but he doesn't want to go after all the ingredients, so asks if you can bring him back 5 small potions (and you gain XP and gold after doing so).

After you find the potion maker, he'll tell you that his potion book was stolen by 3 bandits so you have to find them.

Make it so that the first bandit drops a clue to the location of the second, and he drops a clue to the location of the last (who has the book). Then, after you bring the book back to the potion maker (gaining some XP), he'll tell you the ingredients needed to make the potions and how much each costs to make.

There would be 3 tiers of the potion.

Minor potion of re-spawn
Re-spawns up to 3 of all creatures killed within your area.
If there is more than 1 type, it would only re-spawn up to 3 total, not each, and will only re-spawn the same number you killed if less than 3.
Ingredients: small empty vial (1), insect wing (3), animal hair (3), minor potion of health (3)
Cost to make: 25 gold

Medium potion of re-spawn
Re-spawn all creatures killed in the same room/area
Ingredients: empty vial (1), insect shell (3), animal hair (5), regular potion of health (5)
Cost to make: 100 gold

Major potion of re-spawn
Re-spawn all creatures killed in the same room/area as well as all adjoining rooms/areas.
Ingredients: empty potion bottle (1), bone (10), bonemeal potion (5)
Cost to make: 250 gold

Once you have the potion, after you clear out a room (or a room and any rooms next to it), you use the potion (instead of drinking it, you would be dropping it onto the ground), and everything you killed is back, no waiting.

The stats and ingredients are just a suggestion, so they don't have to be exactly like what I suggested.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: New Potion - Instant Re-spawn

Post by Sarumar »

intresting idea +1
how about some curce/bless witch you can buy = next xx round respan % +xx %
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Great idea! Very well thought out consept. Awesome job
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I like the creativity! Sounds like a challenging quest. I would suggest not making these portions unlimited like the bonemeals. You find the ingredients, make the potion and you get X amount. You use X, find more ingredients and repeat.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

tek wrote:I like the creativity! Sounds like a challenging quest. I would suggest not making these portions unlimited like the bonemeals. You find the ingredients, make the potion and you get X amount. You use X, find more ingredients and repeat.
My post might not have been clear, the ingredients and cost would be for each potion. But if you have enough supplies and gold in your inventory, I was hoping it would work similar to bonemeal and let you request as many as you have supplies and money for.

I was thinking it should be items we would get after playing a long time, and the gold cost would only discourage newer players, but most of them probably don't want anything re-spawning instantly anyway.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison

Post by Antison »

Mino wrote:
tek wrote:I like the creativity! Sounds like a challenging quest. I would suggest not making these portions unlimited like the bonemeals. You find the ingredients, make the potion and you get X amount. You use X, find more ingredients and repeat.
My post might not have been clear, the ingredients and cost would be for each potion. But if you have enough supplies and gold in your inventory, I was hoping it would work similar to bonemeal and let you request as many as you have supplies and money for.

I was thinking it should be items we would get after playing a long time, and the gold cost would only discourage newer players, but most of them probably don't want anything re-spawning instantly anyway.
What I am saying is put a limit on how many "Minor potion of re-spawn" are produced when the exact amount of the ingredients are given. Following the ingredients on the back of a single cake box doesn't get you multiple cakes does it?...no it does not.
If the ingredients for "Minor potion of re-spawn" makes 10 and you use up all 10, guess what? You should have to go hunting for the ingredients again. This is exactly how I was expecting the bonemeal to work, and I was disappointed that it was not so because that is a less of a challenge.
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

tek wrote:
Mino wrote:

What I am saying is put a limit on how many "Minor potion of re-spawn" are produced when the exact amount of the ingredients are given. Following the ingredients on the back of a single cake box doesn't get you multiple cakes does it?...no it does not.
If the ingredients for "Minor potion of re-spawn" makes 10 and you use up all 10, guess what? You should have to go hunting for the ingredients again. This is exactly how I was expecting the bonemeal to work, and I was disappointed that it was not so because that is a less of a challenge.
Then I think we both want it to work the same way. You only get 1 potion for each set of ingredients listed.

So if you have small empty vial (1), insect wing (3), animal hair (3), minor potion of health (3), and 25 gold, you could only have one potion made.

If you have 10 empty vials, 30 wings, 30 hairs, and 30 minor potions of health, and 250 gold you could get 10 made. And the potion maker would only offer as many as possible based on the number of each ingredient you have in inventory. It might be necessary for the 3 potions to have no overlapping ingredients though, so maybe change animal hair to something else for the medium one - claw?

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison

Post by Antison »

Then I think we both want it to work the same way. You only get 1 potion for each set of ingredients listed.

So if you have small empty vial (1), insect wing (3), animal hair (3), minor potion of health (3), and 25 gold, you could only have one potion made.

If you have 10 empty vials, 30 wings, 30 hairs, and 30 minor potions of health, and 250 gold you could get 10 made. And the potion maker would only offer as many as possible based on the number of each ingredient you have in inventory. It might be necessary for the 3 potions to have no overlapping ingredients though, so maybe change animal hair to something else for the medium one - claw?
Great! Sounds exciting to me, not so much the potion itself, but the implementation ideas and the challenge of the quest that comes from the implementation ideas.
dacron
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by dacron »

I'm against the idea of making the potions over and over. You'll be grinding potions so that you grind mobs faster? You're trading one grind for another, in such not accomplishing anything. :|
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

dacron wrote:I'm against the idea of making the potions over and over. You'll be grinding potions so that you grind mobs faster? You're trading one grind for another, in such not accomplishing anything. :|
I feel like by the time you would be able to do this quest you may already have a large chunk of whatever is needed to build the potions (as long as you remember to save up), the "potion of respawn" would be a nice little bonus to players when they are feeling impatient.

just my honest opinion. :D

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!