v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Prim & Blackwater conundrum

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Scherbelr
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Prim & Blackwater conundrum

Post by Scherbelr »

I spoke to the head hancho in Prim and told him id help him, then went to blackwater to talk to the head guy. While there, I told him id take his side, then went right back to talk to him and told him id help prim instead. One back in prim, I told the head guy I wanted to take blackwaters side. Now, neither will help me. Does that mean im stuck? I just wanted to see what would happen since were to test it out.
Last edited by nyktos on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Subject edited: Too vague.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: What to do now?

Post by nyktos »

:shock:
Really?!

Ive got a build thats about to devastate BWM :lol:

I will troubleshoot this with you when i get there if youre still stuck....
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

So it's possible to have neither help!? Makes me wonder if there's a way to work for both at the same time. I really doubt it, but I thought alienating both couldn't happen too. :?:

I have 2 saves that haven't even seen the mountain yet. Off to BWM they go! :geek:
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Bornain »

Black Wind wrote:So it's possible to have neither help!? Makes me wonder if there's a way to work for both at the same time. I really doubt it, but I thought alienating both couldn't happen too. :?:

I have 2 saves that haven't even seen the mountain yet. Off to BWM they go! :geek:
I really tried to keep both sides really happy and to join forces. But alas, it wasn't so. So I sided with BWM. But I will be going again as soon as my new character is ready.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
ncer
android_version: 2.2

Re: Prim & Blackwater conundrum

Post by ncer »

Scherbelr wrote:I spoke to the head hancho in Prim and told him id help him, then went to blackwater to talk to the head guy. While there, I told him id take his side, then went right back to talk to him and told him id help prim instead. One back in prim, I told the head guy I wanted to take blackwaters side. Now, neither will help me. Does that mean im stuck? I just wanted to see what would happen since were to test it out.
I decided to start a new character and had basically the same happen. I was talking with both and somewhere along the way decided I wanted to join the Blackwater side this time around, but I apparently had somehow already ruined that path but didn't notice, so then I went back down to Prim and told I'd sided with blackwater, which made me their enemy as well. There are now very few things left for me to do in the whole blackwater mountain area which is a bit of a disappointment (cannot do the Kazuul quest for example). As I only discovered much later that this happened by looking at the completed quests I cannot go back to a previously saved game as those have been overwritten long ago.

I can imagine siding with one or the other is definite, but shouldn't you be allowed to change your mind at some point and then decide that you want to help one of them and be able to? I fear that future updates to this area of the game will assume I have picked one side or the other. Even if they don't, if you allow people to not help either side there are 3 storylines to take into account Blackwater, Prim or neither side, while if you can always pick a side you would only have to take into account 2 storylines (and keep areas inaccessible untill people choose), which seems simpler to code.

Fortunately my main character did pick a side, so should be ok anyway, but thought I'd raise the question.
Lvl: 195, XP: 135178554, Gold: 1004501
HP: 88 AC: 345%, AD: 109-120, AP: 5, ECC: 15%, CM: 0, BC: 222%, DR: 6
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 2, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
tagapukpok
android_version: 2.2

Post by tagapukpok »

Hi! Im new and this is my first post. Hurray! I just want to tell you to side at bm settlement. You can get a cool sword. But you cant sell it. Plus the items and potions they sell at bm is way better than prim. Plus the drop sucks is prim wins. Hope this helps.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Welcome to the forums tagapukpok! I agree, bwm gives you better stuff than prim, both drop wise and shop wise... at least for now. Who knows how that will change in the next update :D
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Post by Kruncha »

phydeaux wrote:Welcome to the forums tagapukpok! I agree, bwm gives you better stuff than prim, both drop wise and shop wise... at least for now. Who knows how that will change in the next update :D
I've sided with prim, hope i didn't screw up (I want good equipment). It's just bwm guys are too shady for me, I want to be a hero, and that means doing what you feel is right. I hope this game could develop along two different paths, as it seems to be doing, that would be truly awesome.

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Kruncha wrote:
phydeaux wrote:Welcome to the forums tagapukpok! I agree, bwm gives you better stuff than prim, both drop wise and shop wise... at least for now. Who knows how that will change in the next update :D
I've sided with prim, hope i didn't screw up (I want good equipment). It's just bwm guys are too shady for me, I want to be a hero, and that means doing what you feel is right. I hope this game could develop along two different paths, as it seems to be doing, that would be truly awesome.

K.
Don,t worry you can buy some really nice potions (only) when sided on Prim ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Post by Kruncha »

Sarumar wrote:
Kruncha wrote:

K.
Don,t worry you can buy some really nice potions (only) when sided on Prim ;)
Ah good news, that's what i like to hear :)
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?