v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Grawmpy
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by Grawmpy »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:07 pm
Grawmpy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:13 am One question: How many of the Magic Finder skills does it take to really change the chance of getting the RoLS from the monster drop?
See here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6613
Thank you.

It gave me an idea of what I needed to get to have more of a chance of receiving the RoLS, no matter how small. Today I finally got my RoLS after a long hiatus and will be going to the Guynmart castle to get the Ring of far Lesser Shadow when I can do the tradeoff. I was able to get back where I was (for the most part) and enjoy going through the new areas of the game and enjoy the troubles and tribulations of grinding for a legendary item. I was a level 43 I got back that level with the hex editor to exactly where I was when I filled out the section below for the character I was using when I started using this forum. I didn't want to go past that because I felt that it was lying and I didn't feel I should go past the point I was at through the long journey of doing it the way I was supposed to. Today I was able to get the RoLS after going around and around at every quest I could think of to get the XP up and I selected the Magic Finder skill every time until I filled it up with all 7. So, now at level 83 (yep it took me 40 levels to finally get that ring) of grinding away on those damn gargoyles. Once I went back into the gargoyle cave after getting the last skill for Magic Finder I wasn't going to rest until I got that blasted thing if it was the last thing I did. With that level of skill for finding Magic, I was able to get the ring with close to 200 kills. A far better time than any other times trying for hours and hours and never getting anything but rocks and gems.
Ethically I think I should put that the savegame was hacked, but do I really need to do so when I made sure not to put any values past the point when I loaded the values into the profile area when I first joined this forum? Below is the original entry of the values I had, it was not hacked.
Name: Grawmpy
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

I'm a new member here but not in playing Andor's Trail ;) bcz it's been 10 years since I'm playing it on and off especially during the dark era of no updates. But I don't miss myself from any updated information and knowledge as much as I can by scanning and reading in this formative and friendly forum. I just love the persistence and patience of the Andor's Trail' team. :D
Let me help by sharing my knowledge and experience in playing Andor's Trail. I found out of how to add skills for your character by using Hex Editor App. There's a specific code that will trigger the skills and will allow you to input number/s. It has byte (counter) to determine the number of your active skill/s and a pointer (Skill ID number) for your chosen skill. This might be the reason why it is perilous. :( :oops:
Zukero wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:53 pm Playing hex edit to gain skills is perilous.
As a result, I created a "Hex Editor: Format Guide" via notepad and had done this for how many years(?) :roll: playing the hex editor. However, I'll only give a tip or two instead of "full walkthrough" bcz:
Zukero wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:53 am Editing saves is the grey area of the forums: it's possible, there are some clues, but no step by step guide (I would censor these),
Henceforth, my tip or two is/are this/these:
the skills can be found right beneath the foot of your equipped items but it is perilous, indeed, bcz you have to skip several bytes first to reach your destiny (which is the button that will trigger the skills). In addition, I also figured out of how to bring back completed quests.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
draze

Post by draze »

I know that most of you won't believe on my shared knowledge based on my own experience bcz I'm just a new member here. It's ok bcz I don't trust myself as well. Ergo, here is my proof that you may redo some of your completed quest via Hex Editor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I figured that out but I wasn't sure if it would break your save later on with the update
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

It's an open source game, so there is nothing to stop anyone from studying the savegame format, and, in principle, changing or adding anything they want. Of course, you can't add things that don't exist in the game content, but that's about the only limitation.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
draze

Post by draze »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:05 pm I figured that out but I wasn't sure if it would break your save later on with the update
Amazing! :o I agree with you as well. I didn't know that. It's just that I felt sad bcz we didn't manage to help some of our members here in this thread like this poor guy - a superhero of his son:
merrill77 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:04 pm
Pyrizzle wrote:I'm not sure if it is possible to go backwards in a storyline.

As far as i know no one has ever edited a savefile just to go backwards on a quest.
I introduced AT to my 9yo sons a while back and one of them really likes it. He's up to level 30, but today he made a mistake - accidentally told both Guthbered and Harlenn that he won't help them. That was not his intention - it was a simple mis-tap. Now he's pretty bummed out. Choosing to not help either kinda kills that part of the game.

I told him I'd do some research to see if I could find a way to fix it. I've only got a few years left of my son believing I'm a superhero. Can anyone point me at what I should be looking for in the save file? I'm a software guy, so I could probably go read the source code, but was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

TIA!
Chris

Nevertheless, thank you. :)
draze

Post by draze »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:25 pm It's an open source game, so there is nothing to stop anyone from studying the savegame format, and, in principle, changing or adding anything they want. Of course, you can't add things that don't exist in the game content, but that's about the only limitation.
I'm sorry. I understand. Thank you for the detailed clarification. :)
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

No need to apologize. I was just making an observation :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
draze

Post by draze »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:57 am No need to apologize. I was just making an observation :D
Okay. "Thank you, I'm indebted to you, may the light keep you." :D
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Light? :o You mean Shadow I hope!
Nut