v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Project helpers

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Kim

Project helpers

Post by Kim »

In order to help oskar and thus having a more regular release cycle, helpers are needed.

Currently do we have map creators, proof reader and translation helpers. I still think a project manager for the issue tracker is needed. Using the builtin features of the issue tracker like labels and tags are needed.
Maybe defining project roles will help and identify project areas.
LVL 58|XP 3607866|GOLD 119249|HP 159|AP 6|AC 199|AD 35-45|CC 10|CM 0|BC 100|DR 12|
HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2.1 |Rocks 3526|RoLS 0|Update 2013/10/19|
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Project helpers

Post by sdevaney »

Well there have been a couple of people that have helped with things from the issue tracker, and several more have given and developed good ideas/thoughts/concepts over there (all of whom I hope come over here).

Everyone is welcome to contribute in any of the ways you described above or any of the ones on the issue tracker, or in some new way that we haven't thought of yet.

There are no official titles currently but I do know that better guidelines on how everyone can help are in the works so stay tuned for those.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Good ideas. Assigning roles would really help things I think.

Currently, the following roles are available for anyone that wants to help in the development:
- Writing dialog for quests and NPCs
- Proof reading of dialogs
- Translation manager. Not translator, but managing the translation effort.
- Story and quest manager. I have a lot of work done on the main story and side-quests already, but it would be great if someone could manage the whole story and quest situation. Maybe tie together some loose ends that I haven't completely thought out yet.
- Mapmaking manager. Not neccessarily making the maps, but rather managing the people doing maps so that all maps maintain a set of standards and follow the draft worldmap that I have.

Any roles that you think sound interesting, then please let me know!
/Oskar
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by mdmedlin »

If you need a proof reader, hit me up, I am skilled at the English language and may provide some assistance in that area. One of my pet peeves is when I am playing a game and there are typos in the pop-ups. If you also need someone to write dialog for the quests, I can also do that. I have spare time at work in which I could do something to help. I can't write code at work because I don't have my own computer and I can't download the needed compilers and what-not. So you can either PM me or rely to this post, either way I am good.
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer
michischmid2000

Post by michischmid2000 »

Hi, i am sure oskar could need help with writing new quests. Just send him a pm!
/Michi... can be found at STEAM!
Tyler1750

Post by Tyler1750 »

Once I get my new computer (should be in a week) I can help map. I'm a skilled mapper, I have been mapping for 5 years for a game called endless-online. I've got great ideas, and tons of free time to map. I will contact you when I get my new computer. :)
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

Just curious what OS is best to use? Or does it matter...I run linux at work and win7 at home. I have been meaning to take a look at the tools to see how intuitive they are.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

*pokes at the thread hoping for some response*
~Level 33~
oleastre

Post by oleastre »

As the main tools are Eclipse and Tiled whose are multi-platform, your OS does not really matter.

For myself, it's the other way around: WinXP at work, and Linux at home.
I mainly develop at home, but I regularly check the code and other stuff at work, and I never got any problem; even taking stuff produced at home to work.
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

Thanks! I just wasn't sure and wanted to check :)

~D
~Level 33~