v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

professions

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
micnawtm
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

professions

Post by micnawtm »

Hey
I'm new here :)
I got few ideas to make this game more perfect ;)

For now the best option is profession

We will choose two professions
Alchemy (potion elixir making)
Herbalism (to get ingridients to alchemy also grands us that bonus "some potions and elixir used in battle costs 4ap not 5 " we can see many "flowers" in the game so...)

Leatherworking (to make armours)
Skining (to get items from killed beasts also grants us a little bonus like as 3% chance for critical hit)

Blacksmithing (to make weapons and shields and in future heavy armours but they would have only hp % dmg resis bonuses and %block and -%attack)
Jewelcrafting (gems are everywhere :P to make rings and necklaces)
Mining (to find minerals f.e. in mine, caves when we will "try to attack walls" xd the're would be needed for Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting also grants us a bonus like +1 dmg)
Of course for jewelcrafting Mining arent needed but only for make few items

Cooking (we can make many food that will regenerate us HP also grants us a few bonusem for amount a time)

To learn proffesions we should talk to the right person and make few quests for him and then we could pay f.e. 1k gold and we learn few things
Proffesion can be skilled and we get recipes only from right sellers (of course when we pay some gold...more than 1k ;P )

Sorry for bad english :P but i have hope that you will catch on what goings on theese idea ;)
castellan
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: professions

Post by castellan »

Sounds like world of warcraft professions to me :) i had this idea also but i guess it will need alot of work to make professions for oskar :( but should be a great idea forthe future, nice
Name: Andor
LvL: 60
XP: 3875398 | Gold: 243434
HP: 52
AC: 191 | AD: 49-52
CC: -9 | CM: 0
BC: 27 | DR: 1
RoLS: 1 | ElyR: 0 | RoL: 0
ChaR: 0 | GoLF: 0 | ShaF: 0
Small Rocks : 5005
Skills
Combat Speed : 2
Corpse Eater : 1
Quick Learner : 12
micnawtm
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by micnawtm »

to be honest
Many proffesions in games are like WoW :P
If u think its simillar like wow then ok ;P

Yeah a lot work to do but i think it would be first game roguelike rpg on android with proffesions ;)
sounds great? :D
FIRST! :D

first = more famous ;D
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

-1000 :cry:

IMO, no way should these ideas be implemented! The game is perfect without this. Sorry.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Piggy the Slayer

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I have to agree with tek. Cannot see what this would bring to the game. Don't mean to be negative.
Remember our little kid is looking for his brother while searching for magic items to aid his quest. He has no time to study as a smith's apprentice, too busy crushing skulls and slicing limbs. After all Andor could be in big trouble by now (its been ages since he left home).
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Piggy the Slayer said almost exactly what I was composing mentally as I read the first post and those agreeing with it. I am one more vote strongly against introducing professions for our little kid.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Add another one for being against the professions.

I think it would be a fine idea for another game, it just doesn't really seem to fit with this one. But good to see people trying to come up with new ideas.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

always a good vibe here :D
and i'd like to respectfully disagree as well...

even new skills should be carefully added, to maintain balance and continuity.
in my humble opinion... its 'basic & old school' but not 'simplistic & lacking in diversity'.

not an easy mix - thats what attracts me
this coming from a player who revels in full character customization! :geek:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:I have to agree with tek. Cannot see what this would bring to the game. Don't mean to be negative.
Remember our little kid is looking for his brother while searching for magic items to aid his quest. He has no time to study as a smith's apprentice, too busy crushing skulls and slicing limbs. After all Andor could be in big trouble by now (its been ages since he left home).
+1
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

Sarumar wrote:
Piggy the Slayer wrote:I have to agree with tek. Cannot see what this would bring to the game. Don't mean to be negative.
+1
+1
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8