v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

professions

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
qasur

Re: professions

Post by qasur »

+1
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Post by nezkeys79 »

okay tc...I'm going to against the general thoughts and say I like your ideas. It brings something extra to the game which I like. More depth = better game in my opinion

Most people on these boards like to be negative about people opinions and just want the original version(wouldnt change anything at all) just with more quests and maps

ps. If andor hasnt got time to sidetrack then most of the current quests would be pointless. You could say the same for most heros in rpgs. Keep your ideas coming they sound great to me!
kpetro
android_version: 2.2

Post by kpetro »

While I agree that professions may not be applicable, we could combine the idea that something our characters could do (such as performing a service, paying extra, going through a sequence of events, going on a quest) would allow game tradespeople to improve stats of objects we have in our possession. This is not that different from finding a heartstone for Nocmar to make a heartsteel sword in the Lost treasures quest.

Maybe we can populate the new releases with additional things like this to add small benefits to all kinds of items we carry.
Level: 200, XP: 146013952, Gold: 7815777
HP: 345, AC: 351%, AD: 85-92, AP: 3, CC: 54%, CM: 4.5, BC: 300%, DR: 1
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 2, RoL: 1, ChaR: 80, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 3
qasur

Post by qasur »

I disagree with professions (and classes) solely because this kid is just looking or his brother and has begun adventuring out into the world on his own. He has no skill, and even if he did, it would be Adventurer or Farmer from the looks of it. Don't get me wrong, they are great ideas... just not for this game.

The quests Andor does also should be geared as either *main* or *side* because Andor wants to find his brother, not locate to the ancient and lost Heartstone. While it may help him find his brother, it should be relevant to the direction he's trying to go. It would be interesting if Andor had a *time* stat that added some luck/probability if not done in time.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

lady black wrote:Piggy the Slayer said almost exactly what I was composing mentally as I read the first post and those agreeing with it. I am one more vote strongly against introducing professions for our little kid.
+1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------