v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Annoyed

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
brundlefly
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Annoyed

Post by brundlefly »

Two very simple questions:

1. Just exactly which quests are we NOT able to complete because someone clever decided to put them in the game but not actually finish the design.

2. And...when, if at all, will an update be issued?

I really dont see the point of releasing a half-finished product, free or not. You have people wandering around wasting hours looking for things that arent even there. So well done for frustrating people and undermining your fans trust in this game.

Personally I'd be quite happy to delete it right now and not even bother waiting for an update. I'm sure there must be other RPGs that are actually finished OR AT THE VERY LEAST would let people know what CAN be done and what CANT be done.

Idiots.
mirajp1

Re: Annoyed

Post by mirajp1 »

I would say mind your language.These people are working people developing game in free time.Atleast have some respect for them. For your kind information, the quests which cannot be completed are the main ones related to the storyline which is not yet completed.
If you dont like the work, its up to you whether to play the game or not.
It's useless to post such things on forums to discourage the developers.

I hope I am clear.!!
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
wattiez
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by wattiez »

Find an finish quests as far as you can, If you cant carry on main quest objectives, wait 4 the update will further progress im sure. No need to list what you can an cant finish if you cant go there you have to wait. It was stated in the game description that it was still just a work in progress, updates are helped by player input and development, but it's already one of the best rpg games avail on mob, good work oskar! Dont bother me if you delete it, I ain't.
Level: 43 XP: 1479678 HP: 60 Max HP: 82 Max AP: 12
Attack Cost: 3 Attack Chance: 145% Attack Damage: 24-28 Critical Hit Chance: 46% Critical Multiplier: 4.5 Block Chance: 97% Damage Resistance: 1
RoLS: 1 ELyR: 0 RoL: 0
AngelRN

Post by AngelRN »

brundlefly wrote:Two very simple questions:

1. Just exactly which quests are we NOT able to complete because someone clever decided to put them in the game but not actually finish the design.

2. And...when, if at all, will an update be issued?

I really dont see the point of releasing a half-finished product, free or not. You have people wandering around wasting hours looking for things that arent even there. So well done for frustrating people and undermining your fans trust in this game.

Personally I'd be quite happy to delete it right now and not even bother waiting for an update. I'm sure there must be other RPGs that are actually finished OR AT THE VERY LEAST would let people know what CAN be done and what CANT be done.

Idiots.

Looks like someone didn't bother to read the description that it is a work in progress or to browse the message boards before making rude observations. I just LOVE people who don't pay attention... Can someone just delete this thread???

BTW- You have no idea how many things I did NOT just say in a very strenuous effort to be cordial... Well, most of you probably do...
Angel

Heathcliff
Level: 40 (for now!)
Experience: 1,188,635
RoLS: 0
small rocks: 1,485 (from the gargoyle cave, been dumping all the others)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

"Ignorance is bliss". I agree with angel, delete the thread!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
der_Hosenwyrm
android_version: 2.0

Post by der_Hosenwyrm »

Perhaps one should be impressed at all the hard work which has gone into making the game, instead of finding some small point to complain about. :roll:
Prometheus
Lvl:97, XP:16504704, Gold:725579,
RoLS:1, ElyR:0, RoL:0, ChaR:2, GoLF:1, ShaF:0,
HP:211, AC:255%, AD:49-55, AP:2/12, CC:-4%, CM:-, BC:165%, DR:0
Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

@ brundlefly:
IMO it would be the best if you just would follow the path you mentioned in your own post and delete the game, furthermore it perhaps would be good also to delete your account in this forum if it's possible. No problem, just trying to help you, you don't have to say thank you.
These people develop this game in their spare time as a hobby, it's No problem if you don't like the game and if you post your problems with the game but just try not to be infringing and if possible you could try to say what you would like to change instead of just complaining.

@ all the others
I think it probably would be the best just to ignore brundlefly and perhaps delete this topic as long as he does not become nicer in his posts.
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Piggy the Slayer

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Fruitfly, Botfly, Barfly - whats your problem. Its free and its still be developed.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

The answer to your first question is located in the obviously named Game Guide/FAQ : http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=442

The answer to your second question is, there was an update just released a couple days ago, so the next one is a ways away.

Also on another note, as you can see we have a great community here on the forums where everyone is welcome to voice their own opinion. BUT you have to express your opinions civilly and respectfully just as everyone else.

Please be sure and read the rules and take note of #3 as this is your one and only warning.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

brundlefly wrote:Two very simple questions:
-1 :(
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1