Game slow?

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
bd4e
android_version: 2.2

Game slow?

Post by bd4e »

Hello!

I just upgraded to the latest version of Andor's trail and i really like all the improvements (cheers to all the developers).

However i have a problem with game's speed. Now I notice a slight lag when moving around, but that's not a big issue. I have a much greater gripe with combat system. Now it takes about 0.5 second between click on enemy and attack. This lag is very noticeable and is destroying my pleasure when playing the game.
My combat style is Instant (no animations). I have use both optimized drawing and nonoptimezed drawing options and it doesn't affect the issue.
I have also reinstalled the game but it doesn't help. I have also killed all running processes before running the game with no effect.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Spica running Froyo (not the greatest phone I know, but it ran <=0.6.9 just fine).

Does anyone else experience this issue / are there any known workarounds?
I was waiting a long time for this excellent release and would really like to enjoy it.
Level: 50, Experience: 2322626, Gold: 219442, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1, RoL: 0
Hitpoints: 60, Attack chance: 216%, Attack damage: 29-34, Attack cost: 4, Critical hit chance: 5%, Critical multiplier: -, Block chance: 64%, Damage resistance: 0

Updated: 2011/08/20
Samuel
VIP

Re: Game slow?

Post by Samuel »

Unfortunately I also experience it. (especially in combat)
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?p=6261#p6261
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Moved to Bugs forum.

I also have an issue.

When I tap a monster to attack the pop up notification comes up quickly. Then after selecting OK, there is a noticeable lag from when I click OK to when the top action bar/monster health bar pops up but that is the only lag I have in the game. Moving, map changing, and everything else runs just fine.

This issue was supposed to be fixed in the release version (not beta3 though).

Is that the same issue you guys are facing or is the lag you notice in the actual combat phase?
bd4e

Post by bd4e »

For me lags are like this:

a) walking around is only slightly laggy but not a major problem
b) the biggest lag is between clik on the monster and appearance of monster health bar
c) fighting is also a bit slower. In 0.6.9 hitpoints were deduced instantly when i pressed attack. Now there is small but visible delay, which also appears when monster dies (before loot message is diplayed).

For me c and especially b are the most disturbing, but wouldn't mind if a) would disappear too ;)
Level: 50, Experience: 2322626, Gold: 219442, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1, RoL: 0
Hitpoints: 60, Attack chance: 216%, Attack damage: 29-34, Attack cost: 4, Critical hit chance: 5%, Critical multiplier: -, Block chance: 64%, Damage resistance: 0

Updated: 2011/08/20
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Have any of you cleared the CACHE on your devices ?

Sometimes, a lot of stuff in cache, can slow game play down. I clear my cache at least weekly and have never had any speed issues.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

Hello,

First I want to thanks oskar and all the contirubutors. It's been a long time since I got hooked to a game :roll: ;)

I suffer same lags on my device, a THC Wildfire. I was so excited with the new release that I started with the new quests avoiding to kill as much as possible. I looked like a green peace activist in a "save the monster" campaing. But now I need gold and more expereince for upleveling and it's becoming distressing.

I've deleted the chache, but the problem remains the same.

I've also noticed thrice that my character keep on walking by itself after a figth. That's not a problem, it's quite funny.
Roosafur
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Roosafur »

I too have the new lag.

When hero attacks and hits there is lag wile displaying results. if hero attacks and misses no lag. I think the problem is in the hit display. there is no lag when monster attacks hero.

I was testing the 6.10 alpha and it worked great. I then downloaded the official 6.10 release and bam, major slowdown.

Again great work oskar and team, I really enjoy this game and have told lots of my friends about AT. I work in EMS and spend alot of time sitting in an ambulance without much to do, and AT has been a wonderful companion. Thank you dev team!
lvl 30
small rocks x900+
RoLS x 0
magic finder x2
Joker
android_version: 4.0

Post by Joker »

I am sorry to tell that but I was hoping someone else had my same problems. Since update 0.6.10 the game is very slow and combats are frustrating. I'm playing italian version of the game on a Samsung Galaxy S (froyo) and the game never slowed down before.
I also can't find where new maps are, I think I read somewhere here on the forum that the road which leads north of the Foaming Flask tavern should now be open but I can't go anywhere, I tried almost every road/street but I can't find any new area (Oh man, I feel so stupid!) :(

P.S: I sent a PM to oskar about italian translation's bugs, please answer me!
Lvl: 51, XP: 2479311, Gold: 1000168, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 65, AC: 265%, AD: 21-28, AP: 3, ECC: 27%, CM: 5.25, BC: 55%, DR: 2
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

I experience lag too now when moving and in combat from the new update and yeah it's kind of annoying because it was not there before.

I have emailed oskar several times about several things and also emailed the address given out on the market, here, and code.google....I have never recieved one reply. I just assume he is very busy and doesnt have time to answer every email? kinda sucks but at the end of the day it's a small price to pay when we have such a fantastic game
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Joker wrote:I am sorry to tell that but I was hoping someone else had my same problems. Since update 0.6.10 the game is very slow and combats are frustrating. I'm playing italian version of the game on a Samsung Galaxy S (froyo) and the game never slowed down before.
I also can't find where new maps are, I think I read somewhere here on the forum that the road which leads north of the Foaming Flask tavern should now be open but I can't go anywhere, I tried almost every road/street but I can't find any new area (Oh man, I feel so stupid!) :(

P.S: I sent a PM to oskar about italian translation's bugs, please answer me!
Road to new area foud here:
Between hometown and Fallhaven go north
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1