Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Rtoo
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by Rtoo »

I wish I could edit files. I recently lost all data on my SD Card. I had a level 68 char, but now with facing the fact I have to grind all the exp back (not my favorite thing) I wish I could just hack in the exp for level 68 and go from there.

So I would say there are times when it would be nice to be able to do some save game editting.

Rtoo
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Rtoo wrote:I wish I could edit files. I recently lost all data on my SD Card. I had a level 68 char, but now with facing the fact I have to grind all the exp back (not my favorite thing) I wish I could just hack in the exp for level 68 and go from there.

So I would say there are times when it would be nice to be able to do some save game editting.

Rtoo
Not sure what's stopping you, this thread is full of people who have edited their save files.
Rtoo

Post by Rtoo »

The how to do it is stopping me :P
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Rtoo wrote:The how to do it is stopping me :P
That would stop u pretty fast. I'm sure if you were to ask someone around here would be willing to lend you a hand. If you could edit the file to add your XP back in at least you wouldnt have to grind to get back to where you were at.

Happy hunting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rtoo

Post by Rtoo »

Yeah, that is all I am looking to do. I just dont want to grind all the levels again.

If anyone is willing to tell me how (I have a hex editor) please PM me.

Rtoo
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I, myself do not know how to do it, but i am sure that someone on the forums would be willing to help you.

Community Powers Activate! *Flash and a puff of smoke* ...Whoa when did i learn magic? :lol:

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Backup your save games and use something like GameCIH would be my suggestion. Although I have never used it so I can't give a personal recommendation.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

sdevaney wrote:Backup your save games and use something like GameCIH would be my suggestion. Although I have never used it so I can't give a personal recommendation.
I have used gamecih and it works quite well.

Exp is limited to 2^31 and it loops into negative after that. So, don't over do it. Same goes for gold.

There's plenty of videos describing how to use it online. Search for your current exp or gold value, then kill something or spend some gold and search for the modified value. Gamecih only searches the initial matches, thereby narrowing it down for you...

The only problem with gamecih is that your phone needs to be rooted...and I do have worries about giving closed source apps that are specifically designed to do something like that root access...The only other root app that I use which is closed source is titanium backup. I suppose someone would have checked the logs for any suspicious behaviour... but now I'm going way off-topic...
Rtoo

Post by Rtoo »

Yeah, not going to root my phone :P Thanks for the info though.

I am already up to level 51, so I am going to just do it the old fasion way :P With a new build, things are going much faster than last time.

All I need is to add in a wood chipper sound for when I hit monsters. veerrrrreettt! dead! :twisted:
Or maybe a mini-gun :D
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Rtoo wrote:Yeah, not going to root my phone :P Thanks for the info though.

I am already up to level 51, so I am going to just do it the old fasion way :P With a new build, things are going much faster than last time.

All I need is to add in a wood chipper sound for when I hit monsters. veerrrrreettt! dead! :twisted:
Or maybe a mini-gun :D
+1 I like your attitude and yes it is amazing how fast you can build another character.

By the way, welcom to The A.T.A. group, it seems that you are one of us ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1