Alpha test Andor's Trail v0.7.0

Discussions of the development process of the game.
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Alpha test Andor's Trail v0.7.0

Post by only1doug »

dragejeger wrote:Will you be adding bug fixes/corrections to the alpha? If so, how will we know when to download a new version?
Keep reading this thread, when a new version of the alpha is released it will be announced here.

I've just downloaded alpha2 (its been a busy week, sorry) and reloaded to my pre-alha characters.

Questionable dialogue

Lethenlor
Lethenlor: But never mind that. I heard that there were some troubles up by the Charwood mining town recently
Hero: Charwood Cabin, where's that?

The Cabin is mentioned in the next line of dialogue but the player character had never heard it mentioned before, I feel that the hero's dialogue should be changed to: Charwood mining town, where's that?
Lleglaris
Lleglaris: I saw this hole in the ground that they seemed to come out of. The ground had been all corrupted around it.

Consider changing the last sentance to:
either: The ground had been corrupted all around it.
or: The ground had been completely corrupted around it.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

Because some fear you (oskar) will have a hard time finding the bugs and request because this thread has gotten so big. I took it apon my self to find all the request and bugs posted sense the release of alpha 2. So this post contains all the request and bugs along with who found them.

BUGS AND REQUESTS:
•"blade of the defiler" should be extraordinary rather then rare. Found by Antison
•loot box shows experience and gold as a pop up message "toast" if player only gets experience and gold when show loot dialog is enabled at full disclosure. Found by Antison and sorrow
•request to change red x on map to a different color. Requested by Pyrizzle
•ROL classification: is it a short or long sword or new proficiency reaper. Found by Skrirunkarn (new proficiency suggested by sorrow)
•nerf of xul'viir went to far. Found by Antison sorrow and sarumar
•map bug: have to exit game for map to fill in. Found by Antison also noticed by sorrow.
•no text on tombstones. Found by sarumar
•suggestion: add charwood to world map. Suggested by Mayweed
•request: new items are placed at the top of the inventory instead of at the bottom. Request by Sarumar
•not enough low level quest at the start of the game. Found by Sarumar
•starting hitpoints are to low. Found by Sarumar
•base damage starts at 1 but when you equip a weapon its 0-1. Base damage does not drop to 0. Found by Sarumar
•request: new characters should start with food and/or potions or more people give you gold. Found by Sarumar
•request: nerf preguisties of Internal bleeding: level 1 MC level 1 BBC. And Fracture preguister: level 1 internal bleeding level 2 MC and level 2 BCC. Requested bySarumar
•request: Add someone who trades potions for raw meat in crossnleg. Perhaps a cook preparing a big meal. Request by Pyrizzle
•request: a lie option when talking to buceth in "flows through the veins" quest. Request by Sarumar
•weapons like two handed iron sword have a critical hits with multiplier but no chance of a critical hit. Found by Sarumar
•request: food balancing. Request by Sarumar
•request: tweak in heavy armor proficiency so less skill points are needed to negate the AP move penalty. Request by Antison
•spelling error: kin should be changed to kind. Found by Antison
•possible monster respawn timing bug. Found by Sorrow
•suggest:chat with lethenlor change to: but never mind that. I heard that there were some troubles up by charwood mining town recently.
Hero: charwood mining town, where's that? Suggested by Only1doug
•suggest:chat with lleglaris. Change corrupted around it. To either: the ground had been corrupted all around it. Or. The ground had been completely corrupted around it. Suggested by Only1doug.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

sorrow wrote:Because some fear you (oskar) will have a hard time finding the bugs and request because this thread has gotten so big. I took it apon my self to find all the request and bugs posted sense the release of alpha 2. So this post contains all the request and bugs along with who found them.

BUGS AND REQUESTS:
•"blade of the defiler" should be extraordinary rather then rare. Found by Antison
•loot box shows experience and gold as a pop up message "toast" if player only gets experience and gold when show loot dialog is enabled at full disclosure. Found by Antison and sorrow
•request to change red x on map to a different color. Requested by Pyrizzle
•ROL classification: is it a short or long sword or new proficiency reaper. Found by Skrirunkarn (new proficiency suggested by sorrow)
•nerf of xul'viir went to far. Found by Antison sorrow and sarumar
•map bug: have to exit game for map to fill in. Found by Antison also noticed by sorrow.
•no text on tombstones. Found by sarumar
•suggestion: add charwood to world map. Suggested by Mayweed
•request: new items are placed at the top of the inventory instead of at the bottom. Request by Sarumar
•not enough low level quest at the start of the game. Found by Sarumar
•starting hitpoints are to low. Found by Sarumar
•base damage starts at 1 but when you equip a weapon its 0-1. Base damage does not drop to 0. Found by Sarumar
•request: new characters should start with food and/or potions or more people give you gold. Found by Sarumar
•request: nerf preguisties of Internal bleeding: level 1 MC level 1 BBC. And Fracture preguister: level 1 internal bleeding level 2 MC and level 2 BCC. Requested bySarumar
•request: Add someone who trades potions for raw meat in crossnleg. Perhaps a cook preparing a big meal. Request by Pyrizzle
•request: a lie option when talking to buceth in "flows through the veins" quest. Request by Sarumar
•weapons like two handed iron sword have a critical hits with multiplier but no chance of a critical hit. Found by Sarumar
•request: food balancing. Request by Sarumar
•request: tweak in heavy armor proficiency so less skill points are needed to negate the AP move penalty. Request by Antison
•spelling error: kin should be changed to kind. Found by Antison
•possible monster respawn timing bug. Found by Sorrow
•suggest:chat with lethenlor change to: but never mind that. I heard that there were some troubles up by charwood mining town recently.
Hero: charwood mining town, where's that? Suggested by Only1doug
•suggest:chat with lleglaris. Change corrupted around it. To either: the ground had been corrupted all around it. Or. The ground had been completely corrupted around it. Suggested by Only1doug.
+1 Really nice job Sorrow !

btw i agree with Antison; im building heavyarmour with two-handed kind a build and heavyarmour skill seem a bit too eeak. My poins are:
-there is not big enough difference vs lightarmour in total BC ... becauce lightarmour skills (in level 3) gives +90% BC and heavyarmour skill (in level 4) only +40% to BC.
-four level is too much atleast currently

I suggest to boost heavyarmour skill. I have two ideas to do that:
-If you like to keep that skill in level 4... Raice BC bonus of every level to 25% and give also in level 2 and four additional +1 to DR
-or reduce skill max level to 3 and raise BC bonus per level to 30%.

Any thought
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

I 2nd that saru. And thanks. I also wanna make a proposal on a new skill that I think should be auto given when you start a new game.
As I was playing a new character I noticed that due to the chance of food poisoning that I rather sell me meat for gold rather then use it. If we go to another alpha test how hard would it be to add a hunter's skill that you start with? Maybe it could add 2% AC 2% BC and a 50% chance of a meat drop (from monsters that drop meat)

Any thoughts on that?

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
L/E
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

sorrow wrote:I 2nd that saru. And thanks. I also wanna make a proposal on a new skill that I think should be auto given when you start a new game.
As I was playing a new character I noticed that due to the chance of food poisoning that I rather sell me meat for gold rather then use it. If we go to another alpha test how hard would it be to add a hunter's skill that you start with? Maybe it could add 2% AC 2% BC and a 50% chance of a meat drop (from monsters that drop meat)

Any thoughts on that?
Hmm... how about if hunter skill is something like:
-lvl 1; + 30% chance to get drops (not included gold or E/L items), +1 round to sustenance for any food, resistance against food poisoning 30%

-lvl 2; + 30% chance to get drops (not included gold or E/L items), +1 round to sustenance for any food, resistance against food poisoning 30%

-lvl 3; +1 degree of effect to all food product,
+ 30% chance to get drops (not included gold or E/L items), +1 round to sustenance for any food, resistance against food poisoning 30%
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

Interesting. Again can it he added to next alpha?
I only brought it up as a one Lvl skill for Tue reason of later in the game when gold is not an issue you have the means to buy a butt load of potions.

Going by your input (saru) apon reaching Lvl 3 on this skill total drop chance (-L/E) would be 90% substance would increase by 3 food poison resistance would be 90% and +1 to degree of effect of all food products.

If that's right wouldn't it be to overpowering?

I propose it as a Lvl 1 skill (you start with for crossglen should have a hunter family for its a small town) were drop change -L/E is 45% food poision resistance is 25%

Sorrow

skills:
L/E
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

sorrow wrote:Interesting. Again can it he added to next alpha?
I only brought it up as a one Lvl skill for Tue reason of later in the game when gold is not an issue you have the means to buy a butt load of potions.

Going by your input (saru) apon reaching Lvl 3 on this skill total drop chance (-L/E) would be 90% substance would increase by 3 food poison resistance would be 90% and +1 to degree of effect of all food products.

If that's right wouldn't it be to overpowering?

I propose it as a Lvl 1 skill (you start with for crossglen should have a hunter family for its a small town) were drop change -L/E is 45% food poision resistance is 25%
Im not fan of idea of automatic skill.... instead i like to see another skill like treasure hunter.

..edited and ad...;

If there are selection of skills abd you can pick one when creating a new character... i might be intrested ;)
Sarumar

sorrow

Post by sorrow »

New map bug: I was just killed by a fox south of the entrance to the snake cave. When I returned to the place were I was killed all the monsters in that map area were gone. I went one map tile down all misters were there. I returned to the map tile I was just at and only one monster was there. I will try to repeat this bug.

EDIT……………
Tested above bug. Did everything the same and same thing happened mentioned in above statement.

Sorrow

skills:
L/E
Piggy the Slayer

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Hunter skill could be a Crossglen quest rather than a skill that you start with. Perhaps you are asked to kill a boar thats disturbing the villagers. You could then be taught to hunt and skin game by the npc near the rat cave.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

I like that idea piggy and it would add another low level quest plus it would be easy to add I think.

Sorrow

skills:
L/E