something BIG for us to spend our money on!!!

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: something BIG for us to spend our money on!!!

Post by Pyrizzle »

logopile wrote:i think i have an idea that would be a happy medium; as it has been stated, you're on a mission, and not dawdling around, building houses or looking up real estate agents. you're out in the wilderness, most of the time.
now, most people trekking around in the wilderness for any amount of time are bound to carry a tent, or at the very least, some sort of bedroll.
so, i propose a difficult quest, given by that mountaineer guy in prim, that ends with you being able to buy (seriously expensive) camping gear.(besides a tent, some sort of torch for darkened mines, illuminating a few squares around you, would be nice).
you could pitch the tent on any open space, and regain all your health, but with one caveat; if a monster spawns and attacks you in your sleep, you automatically die.
i suppose you could save your game, just before pitching the tent, but i'm sure somebody smarter than i can figure out a way to close that loophole.
Great ideas!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
qasur

Post by qasur »

In all honesty, being too specific about "we're on a mission and we don't have time to build a house" is kinda dishonest to the game. I mean, how many times have you stopped off and rested for a night? I think I've probably spent 100+ days resting on BWM!

So, I think it would be cool to *buy* a house, but not build one. Like, have a long and strung-out quest to end up with a home. It should have access to your 'basket' and maybe some other cool stuff too.
logopile
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by logopile »

@pyrizzle thank you.
of course, it's easy to come up with ideas, when you're clueless about computer programming, and think people like oskar are wizards, who turn 0's and 1's into granted wishes!
i never have any idea whether any idea how much work is involved, in implementing our ideas, or even if they are feasible at all.
i wouldn't be a bit surprised, or offended, to learn that the wizards think that people with bright ideas ought to be hanged. :lol:
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 122, AC: 177%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3/12, CC: 49%, CM: 3.75, BC: 146%, DR:0
rocks: 1749
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

logopile wrote:i wouldn't be a bit surprised, or offended, to learn that the wizards think that people with bright ideas ought to be hanged. :lol:
We do appreciate everyone's ideas for the game, it's great to have a game that you can have some input into on how you want it to turn out.

These forums give Oskar and the crew a chance to work with the people who love this game so much and gain new ideas for future versions.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

logopile

Post by logopile »

We do appreciate everyone's ideas for the game, it's great to have a game that you can have some input into on how you want it to turn out.

These forums give Oskar and the crew a chance to work with the people who love this game so much and gain new ideas for future versions.[/quote]

when i first saw the advert for the game on my cel, the main reason i chose it over the others was that it was a game in the works.
when i was having trouble understanding some of the mechanics of the game, i found this site, and was surprised, and gratified, to learn that user input was encouraged.
that, and the fact that any question i've bothered to ask, has been answered quickly, and courteously, makes this the best game forum i've participated in.
keep up the good work.
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
mirajp1

Post by mirajp1 »

logopile wrote:i think i have an idea that would be a happy medium; as it has been stated, you're on a mission, and not dawdling around, building houses or looking up real estate agents. you're out in the wilderness, most of the time.
now, most people trekking around in the wilderness for any amount of time are bound to carry a tent, or at the very least, some sort of bedroll.
so, i propose a difficult quest, given by that mountaineer guy in prim, that ends with you being able to buy (seriously expensive) camping gear.(besides a tent, some sort of torch for darkened mines, illuminating a few squares around you, would be nice).
you could pitch the tent on any open space, and regain all your health, but with one caveat; if a monster spawns and attacks you in your sleep, you automatically die.
i suppose you could save your game, just before pitching the tent, but i'm sure somebody smarter than i can figure out a way to close that loophole.
how about reduced BC or AC while you are asleep in the tent so its hard to defeat them ??:O
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
logopile

Post by logopile »

mirajp1 wrote:
how about reduced BC or AC while you are asleep in the tent so its hard to defeat them ??:O
also a good idea. me, i'd want it to be a pretty stiff penalty, to offset the convenience of the tent.
not to mention that you'd probably want to use it when your HP were quite low. so, take me, for instance; if i were down to 10HP, it'd take me 2 bonemeal potions to (almost) top off my hp. that's 102 gold saved by using the tent.

make the reward worth the risk, but make the risk worthy of the reward.
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

mirajp1 wrote:how about reduced BC or AC while you are asleep in the tent so its hard to defeat them ??:O
If the tent idea happens, and an attack happens while there, I'd say this makes sense and that the tent should be lost too (I can't imagine a wyrm attacking someone in a tent and the tent being usable afterward, regardless of the outcome).
logopile

Post by logopile »

Black Wind wrote:
If the tent idea happens, and an attack happens while there, I'd say this makes sense and that the tent should be lost too (I can't imagine a wyrm attacking someone in a tent and the tent being usable afterward, regardless of the outcome).
good point.
the only way i could see getting around that would be to add a "sewing" skill to the skills list, and having some merchants sell a variety of needles so you could make repairs.
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

logopile wrote:
Black Wind wrote:
good point.
the only way i could see getting around that would be to add a "sewing" skill to the skills list, and having some merchants sell a variety of needles so you could make repairs.
Good idea, but maybe after a battle in a tent, our remaining HP determines the tent condition? If too much damage is done, we'd then have to go to a town and pay a tailor for the repair.