errrr... potentially stupid question

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
pandora
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: errrr... potentially stupid question

Post by pandora »

Fine you win. Andor could be anywhere. Did we ever check under the bed? No. But i stick with my point: just cos you CAN go anywhere doesnt mean you WANT to. A hint from umar about checking out bwm or prim for a clue wouldnt change the game at all, just improve it slightly. Just as a hint from any semi important npc in bwm or prim about where to go next wouldnt hurt either. I mean, ask yourself: why would a kid with a shiny sword go there for no reason other than to look for his or her big bro? Why would he go there without a clue? Must be part of the story.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you feel there are areas that need to be addressed for the game, take some time and make a detailed list of things with examples. This might seem like a lot of work, but I can speak from experience that when you put a lot of detail and effort into your suggestions it greatly helps people understand exactly which parts you feel that need to be fixed ;)
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

like the part where she mentioned Umar & making a helpful suggestion?

:D

that kinda stuff gets put into the game quickly...

The more specific the better, so we don't have to bring it up in a meeting - just a simple yes or no.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but,
I might play through [!again!] for a better idea on the existing continuity...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The great RPGs don't "hold your hand". "Go there, now go here".
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

sounds like a post I made on another thread...

+1 tek

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Good points both tek\mino.

I agree with Taledus, if there are certain things you want to see in the game, present it to the community in a orderly fashion so people can understand and quickly agree\disagree with you.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

The main quest line is a bit vague at times and doesn't tell you exactly what to do, but that's just because it's unfinished ATM. Remember that this is a work in progress, so the "main quest", finding Andor, is a little blurry and stops abruptly. However, there are other ways to find Andor without following the main quest lines. If you're helpful (or evil) enough, you get small clues as to Andor's activities. Remember Loneford? If you're helpful enough you will know that Andor has been...
there and poisoned their well...
or something like that.

IMHO, the developers want you to explore the entire world and be helpful and kind, or at least pay attention, to be able to find Andor. It's not just about following the main quest line to get a reward at the end. It's about how deeply into the game you explore. And that's one of the funnest elements of Andor's Trail.
Last edited by nyktos on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: spoiler tabs added
Hey guys, I'm back.
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

forget not thine spoiler tabs

:twisted:

(amazing post BTW!)
"Embrace the Shadow"

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Mino wrote:I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you're searching for your brother, then you should check everywhere, even places no one tells you to look. And if you happen upon something going on while looking, or a mean boss you want to kill, then that's just one of the things that happens along the way. :D
I agree with Mino and love open word rpgs. IMO there should be more hints about andor true and false ones. ;)

About the places, there are those road sign everywhere...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Stoodge
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stoodge »

I get it.
there is a lot of exploration to be done in this game, however I agree with pandora that there is not enough 'driving' quests. the main quest only pushes you so far as fallhaven and vilegard. aside from curiosity and a desire to kill new things, as far as I remember there is no actual cause for you to even visit the crossroads guardhouse, let alone push all the way to remgard. yes you can find more info about andor in loneford but why did you even go there to begin with?

the easiest explination is the new content, as it has been added over the different versions, has not been linked to previous content. with a few exceptions in remgard. these links are only backwards from what I can tell with nothing much linking it forwards from old content.

sorry if im rambling but I should be asleep for work

Code: Select all

Lvl: 60, XP: 3681789, Gold: 280362, RoLS: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1
HP: 137, AC: 237% , AD: 36-47, AP: 3, CHS: 23, ECC: 16%, CM: 2.0, BC: 91%, DR: 2 
WA, HH, Dg, BS, CS(2), IF(2), Rg(2), MF(2), SM, EB, DBS
R.I.P. my original character : Stoodge