Super Bowl Prediction...

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Super Bowl Prediction...

Post by nyktos »

Somerat wrote:Cats up. Tebow down. Pats rock 9ers.
+1's across the board

+3? :lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Somerat wrote:Cats up. Tebow down. Pats rock 9ers.
+3 is right!
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
pugsrule
android_version: 2.2

Post by pugsrule »

"Why do you take my hatred of Tebow personally?" - Chest.

Pray tell us WHY do you hate him?Image

Inquiring minds wanna know.
Lvl: 92, XP: 14445671, Gold: 495683, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 6, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2
HP: 164, AC: 231%, AD: 40-51, AP: 4, CC: 14%, CM: 0, BC: 151%, DR: 3

Marrowtaint:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

How can you hate a man who from childhood as done nothing but put others first? He is genuine when it comes to his love for his fellow people. I love the way he plays. I am not a religious guy in the least, but I respect his beliefs.
Plus Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas. :D
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Chest_Rockfield

He's a sensationalizing you-know-what. Really, he has to pray over football during the game? That's just idiotic. People who pray for their sports team (or their Grammy win for that matter) are morons. 1. According to believers, god already knows who is going to win every game for the rest of eternity, so prayers can't possibly change the results. 2. There are believers in every city for every team of every sport, he obviously can't answer one team's fans' requests for a win and the opposing team's fans' requests at the same time, what makes one more special? 3. Being all powerful, one would think that if god did have a favorite team, and god was willing to influence games (even though that doesn't make sense because by their very definition of his attributes he already knows the winner and can't change that without having had made his knowledge of future events incorrect) they'd win all of the time?

But really, I think that picture is enough reason, so I hope you were joking when you asked that question.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
Antison

Post by Antison »

He is not prying to god for a win, he is prying to give thanks for his abilities and strength.
Chest_Rockfield

Potato, potato. Did he tell you that's what he's doing? Regardless, it's unnecessary sensationalism. He realizes he's playing a meaningless game for a living, right?
Antison

Post by Antison »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:Potato, potato. Did he tell you that's what he's doing? Regardless, it's unnecessary sensationalism. He realizes he's playing a meaningless game for a living, right?
I has said so on many occasions. Remember, I am a Gator fan so I have been following his career for 6 years as opposed to most NFL fans who are only now getting to know him.
He is very much aware that "he is playing a meaningless game". Do some research on what he does with the less fortunate and you will have a new outlook on him. Again, I am the less religious person around and what he says does not offend me in the less. Why do you find what he says offensive?
Chest_Rockfield

I don't care what he says. I don't like the needless sensationalism. Regardless of what he's doing (praying/thanking) he doesn't need to do it in the middle of the game, and if he must, he doesn't need to do it overtly. His god is supposedly all knowing and all powerful, I'm pretty sure that if he just thanked him in his head without all the posturing, his god would still hear him. Anyway, the god of the bible is a self-described vengeful, jealous god. I wonder if he gets annoyed hearing the same nonsense over and over from the man child thanking him for his skills at a menial game.
pugsrule
android_version: 2.2

Post by pugsrule »

Methinks I opened a can of worms! Well better now than after 6.11 comes out.
Chester wroteth:
1. According to believers, god already knows who is going to win every game for the rest of eternity, so prayers can't possibly change the results. 2. There are believers in every city for every team of every sport, he obviously can't answer one team's fans' requests for a win and the opposing team's fans' requests at the same time, what makes one more special? 3. Being all powerful, one would think that if god did have a favorite team, and god was willing to influence games (even though that doesn't make sense because by their very definition of his attributes he already knows the winner and can't change that without having had made his knowledge of future events incorrect) they'd win all of the time?
I'm not a religious person, but if I'm not misinformed, God gave man/woman free will, meaning that nothing is preordained or written in advance. In other words, our choices determine how we live our life and what becomes of it. This is not religious gobbledygook, it is supported by quantum mechanics (QM). Prior to the many-worlds theory of QM, "reality had always been viewed as a single unfolding history. Many-worlds, however, views reality as a many-branched tree, wherein every possible quantum outcome is realized" (wikipedia).

God "might know the outcome of every game for the rest of eternity", but does that inhibit the "players" from trying their best, specially in light that we all have free will and our own actions determine our future? To use an analogy, it's like Biff in Back to the future knowing the results of the games in the future.
Lvl: 92, XP: 14445671, Gold: 495683, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 6, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2
HP: 164, AC: 231%, AD: 40-51, AP: 4, CC: 14%, CM: 0, BC: 151%, DR: 3

Marrowtaint:1