v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Android version

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
ScorpionZ

Re: Android version

Post by ScorpionZ »

kabbie1882 wrote:
daman59 wrote:I use 1.6 I don't know how to update phone and its a tmoble g1
Unless you root, you cant go any further with the G1. Sorry. Mine still runs great but it is rooted.
I took mine (HTC Hero) to the Sprint store and asked to have the latest version of Android available for my phone. It took them a half hour to do it and it works great.

I suggest you take your phone to the Tmobile store and ask if they can upgrade. I am pretty sure they can. You will have to re-personalize your phone as anything not saved on your sd card or Google account will be gone.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
escargot

Post by escargot »

ScorpionZ wrote:I took mine (HTC Hero) to the Sprint store and asked to have the latest version of Android available for my phone. It took them a half hour to do it and it works great.

I suggest you take your phone to the Tmobile store and ask if they can upgrade. I am pretty sure they can. You will have to re-personalize your phone as anything not saved on your sd card or Google account will be gone.
did they throw a root on your phone? or did they actually upgrade the software?? most phone companies don't offer upgrades past the phone's release limitations (or maybe it's just the one i work for). not only does it destroy any warranty contract with the manufacturer, but at the end of the day, android, manufacturers & the phone companies all want phones to become obsolete to drive up sales.

@danman59: if they are able to, just be careful they don't end up bricking your phone altogether [; some models don't play nice when you start introducing new software.
|LVL 17|XP 83370|HP 50|ATK $ 03|ATK % 114*|ATK DMG 17-22*|
|CRIT HIT % 10|CRIT HIT X 02|BLOCK % 45*|RESIST NA|UPD 04/17|

* BASE STATS = 85 (ATK %), 04 (ATK DMG) & 09 (BLOCK %)
. .. .@Y
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

Actually we figured it out when we had to get a phone replaced and the replacement phone came with the next version of operating system firmware. We asked and they said they would upgrade the firmware on our other phones. It took about an hour and I had to start over with customizing my phone, but with a Google email and the sd card, I really didn't lose much. I went from the original Hero version of 1.6 or maybe even 1.5 to 2.1-update 1. I've been running it that way for at least 8 months with no problems.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945