v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Quest that lets you combine potions...

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Quest that lets you combine potions...

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

As the game goes on, Bonemeal, which was once super awesome when used in battle, is going to be as useful as trying to use bread to heal now. Mobs will hit for way more (as has been and needs to be the trend) and wasting 5AP to get 40HP will not be a good deal; you'd be better served spending that 5AP to hopefully kill what's left and then heal after the battle. This is already somewhat true. I have been in battles that I've used 2 Bonemeal potions a round for several rounds to stay alive and actually had less health (I got hit for more than the 80HP I gained the previous round) after the opponent's turn than I did after the previous opponent's turn.

A quest to either lower the AP cost to use a potion (or maybe just specifically healing potions) or a quest that would allow you to turn Bonemeal Potions into super or concentrated Bonemeal potions is something that I believe may become necessary depending on how much further/tougher the game goes (which I hope is super far to make this grinding worthwhile).

Another question I have is whether or not the Jewel of Fallhaven can possibly be Heartsteeled into including the reduction of AP for the use of potions/food.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Quest that lets you combine potions...

Post by Antison »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:As the game goes on, Bonemeal, which was once super awesome when used in battle, is going to be as useful as trying to use bread to heal now. Mobs will hit for way more (as has been and needs to be the trend) and wasting 5AP to get 40HP will not be a good deal; you'd be better served spending that 5AP to hopefully kill what's left and then heal after the battle. This is already somewhat true. I have been in battles that I've used 2 Bonemeal potions a round for several rounds to stay alive and actually had less health (I got hit for more than the 80HP I gained the previous round) after the opponent's turn than I did after the previous opponent's turn.

A quest to either lower the AP cost to use a potion (or maybe just specifically healing potions) or a quest that would allow you to turn Bonemeal Potions into super or concentrated Bonemeal potions is something that I believe may become necessary depending on how much further/tougher the game goes (which I hope is super far to make this grinding worthwhile).

Another question I have is whether or not the Jewel of Fallhaven can possibly be Heartsteeled into including the reduction of AP for the use of potions/food.
So Chest, you are feeling the effects of your decisions not to put skill points into DR or level-up BC? :D
At my current BC, the Iqhan Masters, servants..etc are only hitting me at around 10%-15% of the time, plus the 4 DR helps a lot too.

My suggestion to you is pretty obvious, but I do see your point about the bonemeal.
Last edited by Antison on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Chest_Rockfield

tek wrote: So Chest, you are feeling the effects of your decisions not to put skill points into DR or level-up BC? :D
At my current BC, the Iqhan Masters, servants..etc are only hitting me at around 15%-20% of the time, plus the 4 DR helps a lot too.

My suggestion to you is pretty obvious, but I do see your point about the bonemeal.
If you investigate the damage that they can do, as someone pointed out (I don't remember who) they can do up to 90 damage in one round WITHOUT any actor conditions. It doesn't matter how often they hit you, just what happens when they do. 5 DR won't do much if you can be getting hit for over 100 a round. And that's just what monsters can do now... Soon, as I stated, monsters will be able to hit for more than you can possibly heal in one round. IF you happen to find yourself embroiled in a nasty battle with several monsters they WILL end up getting through and you WON'T be able to heal fast enough. I obviously do not have a problem with it currently, I have over 200 HP...
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Chest_Rockfield wrote: If you investigate the damage that they can do, as someone pointed out (I don't remember who) they can do up to 90 damage in one round WITHOUT any actor conditions...
That was me.

Here is the link: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1127

I just got my health to 95 (just out of range for them to 1 turn kill me), but i can already feel the extra burn as i go through my stash pretty quickly since 1 BMP isnt always enough to get back up to full health again.

Eventually stronger potions are going to be needed, i agree. I do feel that if they did make something stronger than BMP that they should be harder to get, like how Tek said he was expecting to have to get bones for every 10 Bonemeal potions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chest_Rockfield

Pyrizzle wrote: That was me.

Here is the link: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1127
Can you teach me how to do that? (Link to specific posts...)
Pyrizzle wrote:I just got my health to 95 (just out of range for them to 1 turn kill me), but i can already feel the extra burn as i go through my stash pretty quickly since 1 BMP isnt always enough to get back up to full health again.
They can still one shot you if you have an actor condition :o
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Chest_Rockfield wrote: They can still one shot you if you have an actor condition :o
With Chaotic Grip they can do up to 40 more points of damage in one turn.

To post a link to a specific thread:
Go to the thread you want to link to
Copy the address of that page (example: this one is http://andorstrail.com/posting.php?mode ... f=4&p=8133)
Paste the address directly onto the post you wish to make.

if you doubt if it works try to preview your post first and check to see the link is blue.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Chest_Rockfield

How do you get it to scroll down the page to the exact post you are referencing?
Chest_Rockfield

Also, it seems as though I only get hit for massive damage when I'm facing multiple creatures at once. Even though you fight them one at a time, is there anything in the code that gives them some kind of boost when they're all engaged together. Anecdotal evidence would cause me to bet significantly that they do, but I could be wrong.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
tek wrote: So Chest, you are feeling the effects of your decisions not to put skill points into DR or level-up BC? :D
At my current BC, the Iqhan Masters, servants..etc are only hitting me at around 15%-20% of the time, plus the 4 DR helps a lot too.

If you investigate the damage that they can do, as someone pointed out (I don't remember who) they can do up to 90 damage in one round WITHOUT any actor conditions. It doesn't matter how often they hit you, just what happens when they do. 5 DR won't do much if you can be getting hit for over 100 a round. And that's just what monsters can do now... Soon, as I stated, monsters will be able to hit for more than you can possibly heal in one round. IF you happen to find yourself embroiled in a nasty battle with several monsters they WILL end up getting through and you WON'T be able to heal fast enough. I obviously do not have a problem with it currently, I have over 200 HP...
BC, BC, and more BC. Between levels 77-85, I leveled up BC to fend off their attacks. I don't suffer these massive hits enough to notice or be threatened by them.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"