v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Worldmap in Tiled for Mapmakers

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Raphi
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Worldmap in Tiled for Mapmakers

Post by Raphi »

Hey everybody,
I recently made a .world file for Tiled with the entire worldmap as of V0.8.8.
Thought this could be helpful for anybody who is trying to integrate their own maps into the current world, so here it is :)

Quick setup guide:
- Unzip "tiled_worldmap.zip"
- Put "v_8_8.world" into any folder you like as your working directory
- In the official game sources, go to "andors-trail-master\AndorsTrail\res"
-> and copy the folder "xml" and "drawable"
- Paste the folders next to your "v_8_8.world"
- Open Tiled and go to World -> Load world and select "v_8_8.world"

Now you should be able to open any map in your pasted "xml" folder and it should show you the entire worldmap-
This has proven to me as very helpful when trying to align your own maps next to existing ones to get placements of trees etc. right.

You can now create your own maps (don't neccessarily have to be in the same folder) and add them using the world tool (blue circle with arrow), and the add to world button (green star).

Quick Note: When a new version with new maps comes out, you can just paste the new .tmx files in your "xml" folder, open them one by one in Tiled an click on the world tool (blue circle with arrow), and then click on the add to world (green star). Now you can drag the newly added map to its correct place on the worldmap. Also, don't forget to paste new tilesets into the "drawable" folder, in case there are any.

~ Raphi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lvl: 68, XP: 5705044, Gold: 104341, RoLS: 1
Hp: 244, AC: 282, AD: 20-31, BC: 157, DR: 6
Hat o t protector
Knight's hauberk
JoF
LifeTaker
Blade o t protector
Ring o t protector
RolS
Gloves o t guardian
Boots o t Globetrotter
Raphi
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Worldmap in Tiled for Mapmakers

Post by Raphi »

Oh and I just noticed - I forgot to place the "lakecave1.tmx" map, because it is detached from the rest of the worldmap, please forgive me :lol:

However, this is how it should look like in tiled (Careful, Worldmap Spoilers ahead!):
tiled_map_image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lvl: 68, XP: 5705044, Gold: 104341, RoLS: 1
Hp: 244, AC: 282, AD: 20-31, BC: 157, DR: 6
Hat o t protector
Knight's hauberk
JoF
LifeTaker
Blade o t protector
Ring o t protector
RolS
Gloves o t guardian
Boots o t Globetrotter
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Worldmap in Tiled for Mapmakers

Post by Nut »

Great - I thought of doing that myself but now you saved me the work 8-)

Just beware a feature in Tiles that I would call bug:
If you have a tile from a tileset picked in the stamp tool and then switch to another open map that doesn't have this tileset yet, then the tileset will be added automatically in the map.
Sounds like a helpful feature. *But* if you already have the tileset defined, only from a different directory - then it will be added *again* with the same name!

We have gone so far to NOT use changed tilesets in ATCS.
Nut