Randomness in fights

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Klarkash_Ton
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Randomness in fights

Post by Klarkash_Ton »

Hey,

so far with lvl 26 I enjoy the game far more than expected at first. The only thing that really bugs me is the randomness in fights. Especially the Mazath(?) beasts in Charwood made me nuts.
0-17 dmg, 15% chance for 3.0 crit. with 2 attacks per round their dmg potential ranges from 0 to 102. While it will be most unlikely that this happends, it still feels very anoying if you feel somewhat fine and then the enemy gets a double crit and I get down from a hp value I feel comfortable to fight with to 0 without a chance to react in between.

I think I understand the reason to have some randomness in the game so that you've still have to take a look what you're doing even when fighting easier enemies, but those extremes doesn't feel fun for me anymore.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Randomness in fights

Post by Antison »

This may not be the answer you're looking for but at level 26 you honestly really shouldn't be in Charwood as this content is really designed for people around level 30 or higher.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Klarkash_Ton
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Randomness in fights

Post by Klarkash_Ton »

Antison wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:10 pm This may not be the answer you're looking for but at level 26 you honestly really shouldn't be in Charwood as this content is really designed for people around level 30 or higher.
Err... I was around there starting at lvl 15 or something like that and bitten my way trough multiple times until I've found the last corpse. ^^"
It had required a brunch of patience, but it was still working. The Mine can still wait a little, the first way down there, just to notice that the gate was closed and the last missing person was somewhere else was enough trouble. :D

Besides that, in between those try hard runs, I've randomly found other areas that were easier to explore.

And last but not least, my post wasn't directly a question, it was more like some personal feedback, I wanted to share.