Help for newbies

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
WogWolf
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Help for newbies

Post by WogWolf »

Hello, I am writing with a problem with quests, many players complain that they cannot take this or that quest because you have made the conditions for taking them. those. players come, click on all the dialogue options and cannot take the quest, they leave without knowing that there is a quest taken in the future if the conditions are met. Why did you do this for new quests? As a player who completed all the quests, I don’t encounter such a problem, but new players are constantly asking me what’s wrong? why can't I take the quest? can you give some hints to people so that they understand that in the future they will be able to take a quest there? for example, how Cyphurn gives the quest only after passing Cherwood.He says come when you are stronger. Change something to make it easier for new players to understand something, they ask about this very often
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Help for newbies

Post by Antison »

Who is Cyphurn?

A lot of quests have prerequisite quests because one builds off of or extends the other. Most of the thieves Guild quests are like that as it makes logical sense. Why for example would you be allowed to start "Ruthless Crackshot" without already providing yourself to Umar?

Other quests are prerequisites so that your player can prove what they know. For example, do they know who Lodar is?
Other quests are prerequisites as they prove or disprove your loyalty to a particular faction or factions like the guild or the shadow.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
WogWolf
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by WogWolf »

ok, but what about the “climbing to the top is prohibited” quest? To get it you must first complete the quest "lights in the dark"... about the chain of quests with the thieves guild, I agree, everything is clear there. and the quest "Yellow"? How do players know that they need to complete 5 specific quests and have money with them and come to sleep in the starting house? if I were a beginner and, for example, fulfilled all the conditions, how should I know that when I get home I should go to bed for this to start?
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

The Yellow quest was designed that way - as a surprise later in the game when you sleep at home. So there are no further hints in the game.
The pre quests Lodar and Charwood are to ensure that you are strong enough to survive it.
The other are referenced in the Yellow quest, so they must happen before of course.
And you need a bit of money in there.
(I wouldn't want to hear your complaints if you were locked in the rat caves without enough money)
Nut
huyong
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by huyong »

Great!
Ths for wodworf. U let me know the yellow