Are a certain group of monsters meant to have an insta respawn mechanism that makes them good for appx 350k xp per hour?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
maniax
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Are a certain group of monsters meant to have an insta respawn mechanism that makes them good for appx 350k xp per hour?

Post by maniax »

I'm being deliberately vague in this post just in case I've found...
  • A bug, in which case I'd want to avoid it becoming well known and getting abused* before the devs can fix it
  • A known "secret" that's meant to be left for others to find for themselves :)
*Yes, I've gained a few 100k xp from it since finding it but if the devs say it's a bug then I'll stop using it

I suspect what I've found is a bug purely because it doesn't seem realistic that the relatively low level monsters involved would be intended to be farmed for such fast xp

Anyway

I've found a particular group of monsters that will repeatedly insta respawn if my character enters and then leaves certain locations on the map, by locations I mean certain map squares on the same map\screen, not leaving the map and returning or entering\exiting a building\cave\dungeon etc

A 10 minute test shows me that I'd be able to make ~350k XP per hour* from them which seems really high seeing as other posts I've seen are talking about 200k or so xp per hour from higher level monsters

*That's with 2 skill points assigned to the Quick Learner skill

I've tried closing the game and re-loading it, saving\re-loading the save file and the re-spawn still happens so it doesn't appear to be a one off quirk that stops after the game has been reset

Thoughts?

If the devs want more info let me know
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Are a certain group of monsters meant to have an insta respawn mechanism that makes them good for appx 350k xp per h

Post by Antison »

You're talking about the monsters north of the Stoutford castle is my guess.
Other people have reported abusing this in the past.
This was not the intended purpose.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
maniax
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Are a certain group of monsters meant to have an insta respawn mechanism that makes them good for appx 350k xp per h

Post by maniax »

Antison wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:18 pm You're talking about the monsters north of the Stoutford castle is my guess.
I am

I'll leave the monsters there in peace seeing as it's an unintended situation :)
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I don't see this as a bug indeed. It was not intended, it should be a little surprise, assuming that the monsters are hard to fight at the level when you probably visit the area. But in my opinion this is regular playing, not abusing a glitch.

When you are strong enough to use them for farming - why not? I would say there are other places equally good or even better at your level. E.g. on your way to Prim before entering the collapsed tunnels you have Gornauds and Venomfangs and a bed nearby.
Nut
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

How does exp from monsters work exactly? Is the exp fixed per monster, or is it based on how much damage the player does in a fight?

If the former, it should be easy to nerf the exp of the monsters.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

It is fixed
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Aarna785
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Aarna785 »

Hi Guys,story saver
Certain monsters may possess an instant respawn mechanism, making them ideal for gaining approximately 350k XP per hour. This feature can significantly expedite leveling and resource acquisition in games, providing players with efficient means to progress through content and reach their desired objectives within a shorter timeframe.
Canuck
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Canuck »

Is this a certain group of monsters who appear only if you're carrying a special gift from an avid tea drinker?