Incorrect amount of gold when purging "Mine for the taking" cemetery

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Incorrect amount of gold when purging "Mine for the taking" cemetery

Post by rijackson741 »

It might have to do with monster movement, although that does lead to how many monsters attack at one time. Normal movement means that if you stand next to a monster it can attack you (15% chance, reduced by 5% for each level of the Evasion skill). It can also randomly move onto your tile, in which case attack is 100% certain. It cannot move out of it's spawn area though. The hirathil have movement "helpOthers", so if you get into a fight with one, they all come to help, regardless of their spawn area. But if you break off the fight they just start wandering randomly again. The graveyard is worst case. The movement is "wholeMap", which means that as soon as you step on the map, they all come for you. So you get swarmed. Both this and the high quality filters add a significant overhead in terms of processing power (which is why I asked about the high quality filters). I am wondering if it is a race problem (not racial!), where one thread in the code is getting ahead of where it should be relative to others, so the gold in the loot dialogue is being counted incorrectly.

I have to think about where else we have wholeMap movement. It's very rare, and off the top of my head I can't think of another place where this happens. I'll talk to others in the Dev team.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I've looked at the existing content, but there is nothing comparable to the graveyard. There are other NPCs that have wholeMap movement, but nothing that compares to the number of NPCs in the graveyard that have wholeMap movement. So we note this as a bug, and thanks for pointing it out, but don't expect a fix anytime soon. It would be a lot of work to track this down, and that work is probably better spent elsewhere (especially, new content).
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Self-Perfection
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Self-Perfection »

Turns out wholeMap movement is not a requirement for this bug. I have reproduced it with dungflies. The good place to reproduce is near the second rocky formation on the way to Lodar. There are a couple of spots where player is reachable by 4-5 dungflies at once. It is not 100% reproducible here, but most of the times still amount of gathered gold is reported incorrectly.

I suspect that merely monster stepping into ongoing battle is enough to trigger the bug.

Notifications report loot gold incorrectly as well, this is not an exclusive to dialog box.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Thanks. That's useful information. The dungflies have helpOthers movement, and there are a lot of them on any one map. So I think it's the same thing. When you get into a fight with one of them, they all come for you. When the game has to deal with that amount of monster movement, all trying to get to you (as opposed to just random movement), we see this problem. It's going to be a PITA to track it down and fix it though :(