Monster movement delay makes it so I can't finish cave on the way to Remgard...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Grawmpy
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Monster movement delay makes it so I can't finish cave on the way to Remgard...

Post by Grawmpy »

It's a snake cave just after the poison frogs, I believe on the way up to Remgard and the quest is given by a wizard to the south.

On the first and second level everything plays along the same as every other screen that I visit for the most part in earlier created screens, but whenever I get to the third level it starts taking up a lot of resources with all the updates that are going on with the amount of movement during combat. It gets much worse when I get to the bottom level where it takes forever to complete every action making it so combat to clear the cave takes a very, very long time to complete.

On this lowest level it seems to double in the time delay for each movement of the monsters that are swarming. There are so many updates going on between each movement of the character, in fact, that it takes nearly three seconds for the MISS animation itself to complete its animation series when it's displayed, just to give you an idea of the amount of delay. I have been running into this problem with some of the newer levels that have been added recently because of the amount of updates and monster movement.

So far it hasn't crashed on me in this area, but the delay of movement is the same on every visit I make on any tablet I've used and, as yet, my search for any mention of the problem hasn't yielded any results for any discussion.

I'm currently using an M8L Excess tablet with Android 12, a ums312 Quad Core, 3Gb RAM, 32Gb storage.
Last edited by Grawmpy on Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Name: Grawmpy
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Monster movement delay makes it so I can't finish cave on the way to Remgard...

Post by Nut »

Did you already tried with switch off state of the High Quality Filter (in the settings of Andor's Trail)?
Nut
Grawmpy
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Re: Monster movement delay makes it so I can't finish cave on the way to Remgard...

Post by Grawmpy »

No I have not... I will do that and try again. But why would it take up so many resources that it can't be played on a tablet that would be your biggest market to actually play the game??
Name: Grawmpy
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Actually our biggest market is not the tablet. In fact, it's dead last.
The whole tablet market in general is dead. I'm willing to bet less than 5% of the population has a tablet.
But that's all irrelevant.
And we as the current development team are not focused on hardware support issues like this as the game engine that we have inherited has already done all of that work for us many years ago
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Antison wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:49 pm I'm willing to bet less than 5% of the population has a tablet.
Unless it's the population of a federal prison :lol:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1