Andor the mastermind

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
MuraMaru
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Andor the mastermind

Post by MuraMaru »

I feel after playing all the quest and redo the quest once again,again and again

The conflict between Prim and Blackwater Mountain is not fully begin from the two people from their respective town,rather they just have a small life problem with each other and come someone who Lit the fire between them

In this case i found the story from drunklad in guynmart castle who bragging his journey experience in bwm,when they almost get attacked by some gournad and some "kid" save them.
The contrast between Prim and Blackwater Mountain is so good,even the leader not fully knowing what other leader thinking and just have big amount Of suspect to each other.
With harlenn in BMW who didnt even know what is gournad is,and Gutherbeard who didnt know where the rest of his people who dissapear.

After choosing one of them or not both,kamelio (iirc) start quest "climbing up is forbidden",at the end of the quest he reveal that some people treat them bad after kidnapped them and then the kidnapper change drastically after that,idk why but sure my brother andor was here and has role in it
After some speculation from lodar,who suspect andor have a role for walking up hiraziin,Im sure that he is the one who make gornaud,auleath(??),and other problem popped up (like giving the Curse to black water equipment),even after choosing one of the town

Both of the leader give piece of paper to enter the Chamber,idk maybe that one is where shadow or i say kazaul fanatic Will walking up the kazaul or Will start cathastrope event

Wdyt guys?
“The Way I See It, Our Fates Appear To Be Intertwined„
“So, what do you say? Why not help one another on this lonely journey?”
DawnPhoenix
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Andor the mastermind

Post by DawnPhoenix »

MuraMaru wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:54 am I feel after playing all the quest and redo the quest once again,again and again

The conflict between Prim and Blackwater Mountain is not fully begin from the two people from their respective town,rather they just have a small life problem with each other and come someone who Lit the fire between them

In this case i found the story from drunklad in guynmart castle who bragging his journey experience in bwm,when they almost get attacked by some gournad and some "kid" save them.
The contrast between Prim and Blackwater Mountain is so good,even the leader not fully knowing what other leader thinking and just have big amount Of suspect to each other.
With harlenn in BMW who didnt even know what is gournad is,and Gutherbeard who didnt know where the rest of his people who dissapear.

After choosing one of them or not both,kamelio (iirc) start quest "climbing up is forbidden",at the end of the quest he reveal that some people treat them bad after kidnapped them and then the kidnapper change drastically after that,idk why but sure my brother andor was here and has role in it
After some speculation from lodar,who suspect andor have a role for walking up hiraziin,Im sure that he is the one who make gornaud,auleath(??),and other problem popped up (like giving the Curse to black water equipment),even after choosing one of the town

Both of the leader give piece of paper to enter the Chamber,idk maybe that one is where shadow or i say kazaul fanatic Will walking up the kazaul or Will start cathastrope event

Wdyt guys?
It's possible... Andor has done some heinous stuff, like trapping the tavern owner in Stoutford with the necklace tied to the lich for one, in my personal opinion.

It would honestly not surprise me if Andor ended up being the final boss and you had to beat him in order to bring him home. Who says he'd come back quietly after living such a life of adventure and making many outside connections?

I personally believe the main point of the journey of Andor's Trail isn't to necessarily bring your brother home, but by chasing him you come into your own as an adventurer and become strong and wise, learning many things and meeting many people along the way.
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

Andor is clearly fully cooperating with the Nor city extremist Shadow faction people.
MuraMaru wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:54 am

I
I honestly feel like that quest should be rewritten to allow some sort of way to make peace with both factions without one of the leaders going into hiding for some reason that I do not really understand. Neither of them seem responsible for the other's problems, but I think you need to still complete the quest to continue on.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Maybe you are right, but it's a rather old and complex quest, which means it would take much work, especially for testing.
I personally would like to add also another ending that sends both leaders away. But honestly, noone wanted to do the risky work yet.
Nut
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Changing an existing quest is dangerous. For players that have not started it, no problem. For players that have finished it, no problem. But for players that are somewhere through the quest, it is very difficult to predict the consequences of us making changes, so we avoid doing so.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
tactical371

Post by tactical371 »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:07 pm Changing an existing quest is dangerous. For players that have not started it, no problem. For players that have finished it, no problem. But for players that are somewhere through the quest, it is very difficult to predict the consequences of us making changes, so we avoid doing so.
Hmm. How much work might it take to add in-app mod support to the game? In theory, someone could rewrite the quest and offer it as a mod instead of merging it into the main game, kind of like mod support for other games. That might be easier than them having to maintain their own complete fork of the game separate from the main branch. And then people can choose to install the mod or not depending on if they want to and if they are currently doing the quest.

Another example- the game does not allow you to see a full world map unless you have visited the sector of the map already. Sometimes I want to see the full world map and compare it to my own, to see how much of it I have to still unlock. But other people might not want this feature, since they prefer to not be spoiled by seeing the full map. Some sort of mod support option might allow for someone like me to download a mod to access a feature like this, while those that do not want it would not download it or use it.

I suppose mod support would be a lot of work for this project, however.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

You suppose right. Mod support isn't possible with our engine.
Nut
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

tactical371 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:32 pm
Another example- the game does not allow you to see a full world map unless you have visited the sector of the map already. Sometimes I want to see the full world map and compare it to my own, to see how much of it I have to still unlock. But other people might not want this feature, since they prefer to not be spoiled by seeing the full map. Some sort of mod support option might allow for someone like me to download a mod to access a feature like this, while those that do not want it would not download it or use it.
https://andorstrail-directory.github.io/map
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
tactical371

Post by tactical371 »

yes, I am aware that it can be accessed online. it would be a convenience feature + make it easier to directly compare between what I have unlocked and have yet to unlock (since looking at small screen on phone with hundreds of sectors vs looking at pc map on big screen can be inconvenient). Regardless, that is just a possible example mod.