When are the drops of a creature decided?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
gbro
android_version: 10 - Android 10

When are the drops of a creature decided?

Post by gbro »

As per the title, I'd like to know if the drops of a creature are decided at the moment you kill them, when they spawn/get loaded or even at some other time.

I ask because I've been making a short attempt to get a RoLS, and I decided to use the try and reload strategy staying always in a single room, (the throne one) which for the RoLS seems a lot faster than any other strategy.

However, assuming that the drops are decided at the death moment, I've been ignoring ONE of the six trainers/masters of the room (the one in the lower corridoi), letting him always survive (because he's more distant from the others and it seems a waste of time to reach him).

It now came to mind though that I'm not certain that's the way drops work, and the ring might have already been put in my arm''s reach (in that master's inventory) without me grabbing it 😰

Hence, the question above :)
Last edited by gbro on Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: When are the drops of a creature decided?

Post by Antison »

At the moment of death
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

gbro wrote: ↑Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:20 pm
It now came to mind though that I'm not certain that's the way drips work, and the ring might have already been put in my arm''s reach (in that master's inventory) without me grabbing it 😰
It's not THE ring, but A ring. There's a chance to get more than just one ring out of 5 kills in one round of reload and kill.

And you may count yourself lucky that the drop is decided upon when the monster dies. Otherwise all your efforts of reloading again and again would be absolutely futile πŸ™„
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
gbro

Post by gbro »

Antison wrote: ↑Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:40 pm At the moment of death
Thank you very much πŸ™‚
Lam al Adie wrote: ↑Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:53 pm It's not THE ring, but A ring. There's a chance to get more than just one ring out of 5 kills in one round of reload and kill.
Well yes I know thanks, but if I'll ever be blessed by so much luck I hope it will employed for winning the lottery rather than getting two RoLS in one round :D

Lam al Adie wrote: ↑Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:53 pm And you may count yourself lucky that the drop is decided upon when the monster dies. Otherwise all your efforts of reloading again and again would be absolutely futile πŸ™„
Of course, but actually I was already sure that the method works, I read about it some time ago and I already verified its huge efficacy when trying to get an Irdegh poison glans with worms eating my guts :? :)

Anyway I only employed it for a couple hours so far, and I think I'll stop now, I'm not really so interested in the RoLS right now and I made an attempt only because I happened to be there.
Last edited by gbro on Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbro

Post by gbro »

Anyway, the method is not considered cheating right???

I read of several people employing it, and after all it has the "punishment" side of not providing experience or gold (although honestly, considering everything, you might -might- be saving so much time to make it convenient on that side as well) :?

Plus I enjoy a lot trying to make a mechanical and ripetitive action as fast as possible, without interruptions; this method comes close to that.

AND, I get very frustrated by the respawn time, it takes me about 80 seconds to make a complete sweep of the cave (including the gargoyles), and having then to pause 3 minutes is uff yeah like a down, DON'T STOP ME NOW! :mrgreen:
(I did consider going to the beasts on the road to Nor City in the meanwhile, but right now moat of time there it's me that gets one-hitted, so ... hardly viable ;) )
Last edited by Antison on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts. Please avoid posting back-to-back