v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What stats are needed for monsters in Sullengard and nearby maps to become "Easy"?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

What stats are needed for monsters in Sullengard and nearby maps to become "Easy"?

Post by charnameLol »

I was at Level 77 and had a rather easy time killing any monster in any map before the 0.8.1 update arrived. By easy time I meant I only needed at best cooked meat to heal myself. And that too not much. However, the Sullengard and nearby maps knocked some sense into me that I need to train harder now. No problem, I thought. And I appreciate the breadth of the maps and the kind of challenge those monsters pose. Enough to keep high level players keep grinding and training and having fun.

It's just that the stats for these monsters in Sullengard and nearby maps are shown as Easy or Very Easy, but they are not easy to kill. Definitely not! This categorization sort of throws me off sometimes. The beetle around Mikhail's house is easy. The rats around that house are easy. The snakes in the cave south of Crossglen are easy. But these monsters in Sullengard, they are not easy. I have had ta bit of hard time dealing with them. I was consuming Lodar's bonemeal and cooked meat like crazy. And that's what got me thinking as in what stats are needed to consider these monsters as easy to deal with.

Might I ask if this a mis-categorization of those monsters or is this meant to be like that?

Of course, discovering the stats is fun on its own. I'm trying to do that. I have switched from offensive build with ECC 29 to Blackwater defensive build, just to keep up and keep pushing. My character is on the edge. If two or more snakes or those dead tree like reapers gang up than it becomes game of chance for me to survive the battle. My character is no longer confident in these new maps.

Not trying to complaint folks. :) Just asking.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: What stats are needed for monsters in Sullengard and nearby maps to become "Easy"?

Post by Antison »

I have to say this puts a giant smile on my face as my goal from step one of this project was to make it a challenge for all of us players over level 50. So thank you for the smile gives me some real gratification.

The difficulty categorization is in my opinion an issue that's been in the game engine from its inception. Those categorizations that you see for the monsters in Sullengard have nothing to do with what I've created here. Those are all coming from the game engine.

As far as what stats you need for this to be considered "easy"? It all depends on what type of build you have. And even if I knew that number I would not tell you. :twisted:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741

Re: What stats are needed for monsters in Sullengard and nearby maps to become "Easy"?

Post by rijackson741 »

The problem is that the monster difficulty does not take into account conditions they can inflict on you, or whether they can swarm you. Only their base stats. The formula has never been updated from the early days of the game.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Ah, okay than. No problem. :)

I'll try to have fun by changing my approach to what I used to use before my character became cocky down the lane. :D

And thanks again for the update. I'm still discovering the beauty and the beasts in Sullengard. :)
Antison

Post by Antison »

charnameLol wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:24 pm I'm still discovering the beauty and the beasts in Sullengard. :)
What does that mean?
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Loosely quoting a character from Sullengard. She found the forest beautiful. And I'm yet to completely cover that map, so I'm still discovering the beasts there.

Sorry for the confusion.
dostojevk
android_version: 4.3

Post by dostojevk »

I have terrible block chance stat. Sullengard is way too hard for me. Guess I have to upgrade my block chance?
Lvl. 60
HP:139, AP:6/12, AC:265, AD:49-63, ECC:13%, CM:2, BC:157, DR:3
Antison

Post by Antison »

Are those stats in your signature accurate?
If so, I would say you're attack chance is pretty low too.
In fact, at level 43 for an inexperienced player, I would stay away from those maps
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

You have DR 9? DR is great early game, but kind of useless late game. It does nothing to protect you from nasty conditions. Later game, I ignore it completely.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
SeraphTheOne

Post by SeraphTheOne »

It's easier to run around the swarms and pick off single snakes that are blocking the paths, unless you are specialized in two weapons with multiple cleave skills, then swarms are easier a bit. The Lava Queen was pretty tough though. That ring drop helped complete Another Crack Shot quest. Most of the other quests in Sullengard aren't bad, but Hunting the Hunter was tough. You have to grind. Was around level 47, so it can be done.
Level: 75, XP: 8897768, Gold: 196187
HP: 190, AC: 302, AD: 45-84, AP: 4, ECC: 17, CM: 2, BC: 310, DR: 3
ElyR: 1, RoLS: 2, RoL: 1, All Extraordinary Items.
Completed Quests: All Posible, Places Visited: All Possible, Monster Kills: 67506